DAYS: Now Available on Itunes

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also:

NBC taps Silverman to head entertainment

Political Gateway

BURBANK, Calif., May 29 (UPI) -- NBC restructured its California operations, naming Ben Silverman as co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and NBC Universal Television Studio, the network said.

Silverman will share the title with Marc Graboff, head of NBC Universal's West Coast units, Variety reported Tuesday. Both will report to Jeff Zucker, NBC Universal president and chief executive officer.

Out is Kevin Reilly as president of NBC Entertainment. Fates of TV Studio president Angela Bromstad and NBC development chief Katherine Pope weren't announced.

Silverman, who founded Reveille Productions, and Graboff will be responsible for prime time, late night and daytime programming for the fourth-place network, as well as digital efforts, NBC said. They also will oversee marketing and business affairs for the network and the studio.

Zucker said Graboff and Silverman "have a long and successful history of working together that gives us tremendous confidence in the strength of their new partnership."

Silverman noted he "grew up watching NBC and have always loved this network. So this is a dream job for me."

Copyright Political Gateway 2006©

Copyright United Press International 2006

• Members

That change had to do with the network as a whole, not with DAYS or with NBC daytime per se. Mr. Kevin Reilly is not the smartest of network execs out there. You don't go saying you doubt a show will be renewed in two years that has been around for over 40 and has a large fan base. He's an idiot and the move to terminate his contract before it's expiration was a good one. I bet Matt Ashford is saying payback is a bitch! lol!

• Members

Sorry, it was my fault.I was hoping that the behind the scenes executive shake up was at NBC not DAYS.

I might not have been 100% pleased with what the 5 time Emmy award winning writer had brought to DAYS but I would hate to lose him, particularly with McTavish and Dena Higley available. I'd prefer to keep Hogan thank you.

• Members

I think a lot of people may have been a little too fast to always blame Ken Corday for all of DAYS problems. I myself think that Ken Corday actually doesnt really spend so much time involving himself in DAYS storylines. I remember during last decade, the producer (and later head writer) Tom Langan said in interviews that he was the one who worked out the storylines together with headwriters James E Reilly and after him Sally Sussman Morina. So when Corday fired Langan back in December 2001, then Stephen Wyman simply took over the role of supervising the storylines. So I do think that Wyman should be blamed just as much as Corday for DAYS negative development during most part of this decade.

• Members

It was Jeff Zucker who made the comment about DAYS not being renewed in 2 years. He's the one pushing for wall-to-wall news coverage on NBC daytime. And it appears he's made Reilly the fall guy for his own failings.

• Members

Thats true. Jeff Zucker is an idiot. And he wants DAYS gone from NBC as soon as possible. But no matter where DAYS go after 2009, it still needs to get its ratings up beceause DAYS is expensive to produce. These behind the scene changes are necessary in order to make DAYS stronger.

• Members

I love the idea of Beth being promoted to head writer and have wanted this for months, but now that this show is getting a lot better I have to admit I also hate the idea of the storylines getting disjointed and everything being thrown into chaos yet again with more behind the scenes shakeups.

• Members

Are Somebody's DAYS Numbered?

Variety reports that beginning tomorrow, episodes of DAYS will be available for download via iTunes for $1.99 a pop. Or, you can buy monthly passes that will knock the cost down to .50, which I believe is Guiding Light's daily budget.*

But, the news that has everyone buzzing came at the end of the article:

Sony and Corday Prods., which produces "Days," are planning creative changes to the show. A behind-the-scenes exec shakeup is said to be in the works, people familiar with the situation said.

The last time Variety commented on changes at DAYS, it predicted that Hogan Sheffer was coming, which proved to be correct. Obviously, the questions come: What creative changes, and who's getting thrown out? When I think "exec shakeup", I tend to think executive producer, but I find it hard to believe that Ken Corday is going anywhere. Are Sheffer's DAYS numbered? Is this connected to the dig Sheffer took in the current issue of SOD, where he "thanked" Corday Productions for loosening the purse strings and untying his hands?

You know, after hearing the largely positive reviews for last week's DAYS episodes, I actually taped the block off of Soapnet last night. Now, I wonder if I should even bother, especially if we're going to embark on yet another new direction.

~from http://snarkweighsin.blog-city.com/daysnumbered.htm

• Members

This causes me some concern. This could be DAYS' last chance, and we are just now entering this huge blockbuster storyline about the DiMeras and the Bradys. I'm not so sure that right now is the time to start overhauling writers and producers.

Seems like just as Brash and Cwikly were getting started, Higley was immediately introduced. Then, before she could really even get started herself (and I'll admit, she was horrible), she was gone. It just seems like Corday makes stupid business decisions. I just don't think now is the right time to be doing this. DAYS needs some stability. Why is it that the only stability we can ever have is JER sitting in the chair for years?

Corday, PLEASE think about what you're doing. PLEASE be careful.

• Members

I doubt it could be Corday, but I would like someone better than him.

Dear Lord, Hogan has to say. Things are just getting good again and it would be stupid for Corday to go and fire him. I am not even sure if Beth could be good, because all she did was wrap up JER's stories and prep Hogan's stories. I don't know if she could be good or not.

I know Wyman has been a producer, but I can't say whether it would be good to get rid of him or not, I don't know enough about him to judge.

Days finally had a good HW with Hogan. Sure he has his problems but he's alot better than Langan, Dena Higley, or JER. It would be a dream if B&C came back but I don't think that would happen. Don't mess this up, Corday!

Oh, and we don't need another transition period. Last year took long enough, it would be a waste to take how ever many months AGAIN to wrap up this and this story and start this and this story. We especially do not need a HW change in the middle of the DiMera feud storyline. We saw how the Gloved Hand storyline was rewritten from Jan and Tek to EJ and Patrick. We definately do not need re-writes here.

Archived