DAYS: Now Available on Itunes

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well its says creative change then exec change after it. Unfortuntely, I think Corday had to much of a say in Sheffer's writing. I think Corday is more of the problem then anyone else and I hope he would step down or whatever. Maybe with Ed Scott leaving Y&R this was in the works with Sony possibly?

• Members

Sony has just named some executive to be in charge of serials and serial development. There's an article in Hollywood Reporter. It says he used to be a supervising producer for Santa Barbara. And he'll try to develop new soaps in addition to having some input at Y&R & Days.

• Members

WOW.

Trying to develop new soaps? As in... daytime soaps? Brave man! LoL

Sounds to me like Sony hasn't given up on Days, even if NBC has. I wonder what kind of input he'll have at Days/Y&R?

• Members

Here's the "Hollywood Reporter" article. The man's name is Steve Kent.

June 12, 2007

Steve Kent has been named senior executive vp programming at Sony Pictures Television, overseeing the studio's daytime dramas "The Young and the Restless" on CBS and "Days of Our Lives" on NBC.

In his new role, Kent also will be responsible for creating program extensions and developing new serialized programs for all dayparts.

Kent most recently was senior executive vp international productions at Sony Pictures Television International, where he oversaw the worldwide development and production of original local-language productions as well as scripted and unscripted formats.

Kent will report to SPT president Steve Mosko.

"Steve has done a phenomenal job working with our producers to make our daytime dramas financially efficient and technically state of the art," Mosko said. "With his incredible experience with serialized programming here and around the world, he's an expert in the field in every way."

Kent joined the company in 1996 as vp production for then Columbia TriStar Television, working on such series as "Dawson's Creek" and "Early Edition." During this time, he also was instrumental in the formation of the company's domestic Spanish-language production division, overseeing the development and production of shows for Telemundo.

Before joining the company, Kent spent nine years as supervising producer for the soap opera "Santa Barbara" and garnered three Emmy Awards.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...0985ca2f0c48627

• Members

OMG! Sounds like a disaster to me! P&G used to have a similar position for their soaps and those executives in charge of production would do nothing but butt in and mess with the creative out-put of their shows. I hope to God this new executive doesn't do anything to screw with Days and Y&R.

• Administrator

I believe Steve Kent was one of the people who helped change Y&R for the worse.

I wish I had the article with Kent, Lynn Latham and Bill Bell JR about the changes they were going to make at Y&R.

• Members

I agree.

Also, I hope that NBC has a plan B and hangs onto "Days." Because think about it, if the fourth hour of "Today" bombs (as well it should, and probably will, with God's merciful blessing), then after a year of trying that, JUST when "Passions" run on DirecTV is up, they can dump "Today" and REDO the switcheroo, backwards! And bam! More "Days" and "Passions."

• Members

I don't get the whole "overseeing Days/Y&R" thing. Isn't that what Corday does (at Days)? Sony can make demands, but Corday doesn't have to cave. In the end, Corday is the man in charge -- not anyone at NBC, and not anyone at Sony.

Archived