Y&R: Who Should Replace LML, When The Time Comes?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I should.

Why? B/c I'd propose this format:

- As a way to get back at Daniel, Lily sleeps with a drunk Brad. Now she has to keep this secret from Colleen.

- Victoria is convinced that her baby is Brad's but wants to keep the news from both JT and Brad. She takes time off from Newman and her mom's campaign to 'return to the art world.' She returns to her old apartment in Italy only to discover that Nick is living there.

- Michael gets the shock of his life when he learns that he's been conned by Gloria -- she's not their biological mother. Gloria won't know what hits her when Michael and Kevin work together to expose their faux-mother for all her bad deeds.

- Jack and Sharon's marriage is tested once again when Sharon learns that Summer is really Jack's baby. Feeling betrayed, Sharon accidentally lets this explosive bit of info slip to David Chow.

- Armed with the final nail in Jack's campaign's coffin, David goes to Nikki to tell his boss that he has the one secret that will finally ruin Jack. He'll play this card if she agrees to leave Victor for him.

- Neil begins to get nightmares where his children are put in harms way. This distracts him and he makes a spectacle at Devon's first big meeting with a new client, costing Newman the account. Brad believes that Neil is unfit to run Newman and calls an emergancy board meeting to boot Neil. With Victor, Nick and Victoria out of the picture and Nikki on the campaign path Brad succeeds in ousting Neil and assuming the role of CEO of Newman.

- Phyllis stands trial for her blackmail charges but the case is dismissed.

- Amber's actions are finally exposed and her marriage to Allison is revealed. Caine tells her to take a hike and she leaves Genoa City with her tail between her legs and less cash then she had when she arrived. Caine isnt' too upset though, it seems as if he's had a woman on the side the whole time.

- Gloria is exposed for all her crimes, including tainted Jabot's cream. William has his wife arrested.

- Katherine goes ballistic over Gloria's actions and the whole situation is revisited and Jabot nearly goes bankrupt.

- Caine is not exactly who he says he is. With Katherine and Jill distracted he makes a power grab for the Chancellor fortune with his real wife, Nadia.

- In Italy, Victoria tells Nick that she's pregnant and they convince each other they must return to their families and confront their baggage.

- At a big campaign stop, David exposes Jack as Summer's dad. This happens just as Nick returns.

- Lily is in for the shock of her life when she learns she pregnant, not too long after she got back with Daniel.

- Victoria tells JT he's the dad, although she doens't know for sure.

- Victor returns with the news that Jack's been exposed, Nick is alive and Victoria is pregnant. He comes with Victor, JR.

- The Newmans are not impressed that Brad is now in charge and make a change and force Brad out. But what damage has the potential father of Victoria and Lily's baby done during the brief time he was in charge.

- Brad accepts Katherine's offer to take over at Jabot, after Ji-Men is fired for as a way of saving face at the sinking company.

- Neil's nightmares worsen and he is hospitalized.

- Victor JR falls hard for a lonely, goofy, broken-hearted Genoa City resident -- Kevin.

- Michael gets notice that his real mother is living in Genoa City.

- Caine and Nadia get away with most of Chancellor's money, leaving Jill with nothing but sorrow, regret and revenge in mind.

- Nikki wins the election but is seen kissing David and not Victor during a private celebration.

• Members

Hold a seance and bring the spirit of Bill Bell back.

Other than that, I say promote from within and get Ed Scott's ass back in charge of things.

The Co-Head will probably be her good buddy, Scott Hamner, who can't write a soap opera for s#!t.

His solo-HW gig at PORT CHARLES nearly killed that poor soap.

So, their excuse is to let a talentless hack destroy America's #1 Soap Opera?! Gosh, someone needs to snatch Barbara Bloom baldheaded!

• Members

Lynn has only been writing this show a little over a year and look how far things have slipped? Give her a few more and this show will be totally, utterly unrecognizable.

Stick a fork in Y&R, its done if Latham continues to have free reign to do whatever pops into her head.

Next up I bet Victor and Jack are going to be revealed brothers.....

Dina Abbott got knocked up as a teen and then sent him to the orphanage :o

I could so see Latham doing something like that. :wacko:

• Members

Does anyone know when is her contract's renewal date? I don't think she functions on 13 week period, but if she does, she alreday completed one cycle (beginning Dec 26 when she was first listed as a sole HW), and the current cycle expires on June 26th (Tuesday).

• Members

No clue what kind of contract she has, but I do believe she will 100% be with the show until her contract is over. These days the networks don't rush to fire these headwriters no matter how the ratings or public opinion is. How long did it take Higley, JER, McTavish to get fired? YEARS.

It's sad because in all the time Latham has she can do a lot of damage. She's very similar to Higley in that she's bringing on a ton of newbies and firing vets at an alarming rate. Once a lot of these actors are gone they're just gone in most cases. Plus she's killing them off which makes things even worse.

• Members

ITA. LML isn't going any where before her contract is over. JP is destroying ATWT and CBS hasn't lifted a finger. I will be happy if CBS hires LML a consultant to help her balance out Y&R before it is fatally wounded.

• Members

^Let's face it, CBS values Y&R's ratings more so than any to her soap on their schedule. They won't like it very much when it starts to crumble significantly. Towards the end of Smith's run, a lot of fans didn't like they show and some of the dailies started to hit 3.9's, so they stepped in and made a change. Of course, LML's work is doing much worse, I have faith they'll do the right thing and get rid of her.

We'll just have to be optimistic and patient.

• Members

I don't think she would either. Anyways her consultants are all locked step with her anyway. Scott Hamner and Josh Griffith are her bitches and yes men.

She has filled that staff with all her buddies from Knots and her time at Port Charles. Believe me, she takes no input from anyone, she just will spew out this sh*t called soap opera and all the writers will stand up and cheer her on. There are no voices from the Bell regime anymore. Everyone was forced out and I believe they were forced out because they stood up to the arrogant witch and couldn't have that.

Its pretty bad when Kathryn Foster and Ed Scott both after how many years... were driven off this show.

There is hardly anyone left from the glory years and it shows.

This show aint Y&R anymore... I don't know what it is, but it certainly isn't The Young and the Restless.

Archived