The OFFICIAL "We LOVE Katie Peretti" Thread!

YRIsTheBest

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm kind of torn.

I still see the young, innocent girl who dreams often and laughs at her own jokes. I still see the girl who came into town looking for some trouble to get into. I still see the fun, smart, vivacious blonde who made all Oakdale teenaged boys weak at the knees. I still see the girl who thought with her heart and made impulsive decisions.

But as of recently, the writing for the character has WREAKED!! I feel there needs to be some MAJOR re-characterization for me to ever think of Katie in that way^^ again, instead of me thinking of her as a desperate woman seeking love in all the wrong places and thinking with her reproductive organs, rather than her heart.

• Members

I love Katie too! I'm such a huge Skatie fan that I don't think I could ever truly 'hate' the character. That said, I wish she was still written with her spunk and humor that she had back then. But I still like Katie :)

• Members

OMG OceanView! Oh how I miss posting with you- the glory days of the ATWT threads on SON.

I still like Katie, but I miss the more tart-like gal from the good ole days, not the simpering fool JPiss has turned her into.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

ITA with this post. Part of the problem is the way they aged Katie. She went from 22 to 30 in like a year all while Terri Colombino was playing the part. When she first came on the show she was definitely *not* in Jack and Carly's age group. IMO it hurt the character.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived