Y&R Discussion Thread: Week of May 28th

• Members

Noah is going to either end up a serial killer or the biggest nervous Nelly on the face of the planet. Over the course of the last two years Cassie has died, his grandfather was diagnosed with epilepsy, Phyllis and Summer were kidnapped, Dru was presumed dead, Sharon fell off a cliff and now he's being told his father is dead. I agree he comes off as a brat, but he's 10 years old. He's pretty much entitled to act out after all of this. I've seen a lot of kids act much worse with much less reason. I hope that shrink Sharon is sending him to is working overtime! Boy's going to be in a straight jacket if he has another year like this one.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"How could I raise a son to be so self-destructive?"

Ummm because you didn't raise him, Danny Romalotti did.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong Y&R fans. Even as a non-fan, I knew this. Daniel was still a baby when he was taken from her and was brought back as a teenager. Right?

• Members

Not only did Phyllis say that she raised Daniel, which isn't true. Neil also said the same thing in regards to Devon. What the hell are these writers thinking? This is all recent history, lol.

• Members

And yesterday's cliffhanger was even WORST. Jack and Sharon sitting on the couch looking at Noah play with the puppy. Today's cliffhanger should have been Sharon walking in as Jack asked Phyllis to stay with him. *le sigh*

• Members

Noah is just too up and down for me. I know kids act out, but even with the current circumstances, Noah goes from happy to pissed off in a span of minutes. I know he's sad but these yo yo emotions aren't healthy. They're destructive and he's playing everyone around him.

As for the show, bad isn't even the word.

• Members

It really can't be debated, IMO, this show is an absolute disaster. This week had so many major things that just fell flat. Extreme Catwalk was drawn out just go out in a poorly planned wimper. Brad and Victoria's marriage lasted way too long and this finale was anti-climatic. The reveals for Amber and Gloria were also a mess. Why do they insist on Gloria outsmarting people like Jill, Jack and Katherine?

I just had the pleasure of watching this story on DVD, with Phyllis played by the insanely brilliant Sandra Nelson. Let me just say that Phyllis was the worst mother on the face of the planet, she totally deserved to lose custody. I don't understand how they can write Phyllis as a good mother when she never has been. The only reason she wanted to keep Daniel is so Christine wouldn't raise him.

A funny scene was when the social worker came to visit and Phyllis threw toys all over the apartment and put on the ultimate soccer mom outfit to BS the poor woman. Nelson didn't go over the top like Stafford usually does and played the hell out of those scenes. This storyline was a lot of fun seeing Michael and Phyllis meet and all that she'll go through to get what she wants.

Honestly, old Phyllis and this catshyt we get now doesn't compare. But thats true for just about everyone. Still even if they get a new writer we'll probably be stuck with crappy heroine Phyllis.

• Members

So let me get this straight, Phyllis thinks she raised Daniel now? What a joke. I can remember Latham doing an interview shortly after being appointed hatchet handler errr I mean head writer of Y&R and was talking big about taking the actors out to dinner to get their scoop on their characters because they know them better than anyone else. What a load of crap..... Latham doesn't care about the rich traditional history of this show. If it doesn't fit the plot, its out the window. Its ridiculous and just shows you how far the once inco Y&R has sunk. I don't think we can say that it is still above the rest of daytime. In my honest opinion, this show is knee deep in the [!@#$%^&*] house and sinking as we speak. In terms of identity, Y&R has all but forgotten what their identity is. DAYS, GH, AMC and probably GL in terms of quality and staying true to their identity at this point in time are better than The Young and the Restless. A year and a half ago I would have never thought this possible. Like I know I am a biased AMC fan.... but IMO that show in the month since McTavish has left has regained a bit of its former self, or at least trying. Latham don't give a flying fiddle about Y&R's identity. Bill Bell will be doing somersaults in his grave I am sure.

I wish abysmal ratings all summer for this show. I want Latham gone and until she is gone, I am not wasting my time or energy on this mess of a show. And that hurts.... used to set this show as the bar.... not anymore.

Archived