Y&R Discussion Thread: Week of May 28th

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The character is like this because LML doesn't know how to write Phyllis. Now even Phyllis is becoming predicatable. I always liked that she was a little off centered and you didn't quite know what she would do in a sticky situation but you knew she was gonna find a way to get herself out of it. LML has made a once strong, complex character almost weak as wet tissue.

• Members

A premiere.

Un unfortunate and sad premiere however: For the first tme ever I used the FF-button while watching Y&R. I actually used the skip button and therefore missing 30 seconds for good.

Why ? Phyllis whing routine with Jack was too much! WTF!?

I therefore am glad that Dee and Chris are steting the record straight.

Phyllis lost custody of Little Daniel in 1997 (when he was two/three) - for very good reasons. Did she try to be a wonderful mother for him? Not so much.

To my greatest delight Danny Smarmalotti was written off the show in May 1998 and too Daniel with him - Phyllis was not too much affected by it, to say the least. I can't remember she ever visited her son afterwards.

Therefore this YouTube-clip from 2003/04 (?) one or two pages ago is ridiculous: It's not exactly like a 16-year old needs a strong mother figure - especially when she is notoriously incompetent in this field.

To sum it up: Phyllis was NEVER a mother for Daniel untill he became an adult (after the first year where she did take care of her son extremely well - to impress Danny). Considering Phyllis seems to totally unable to stand in for her faults or learn sth. from her mistakes this was a blessing in disguise.

• Members

I'd rather see her terrorizing her enemies as well. I'd love nothing more than to see her go psycho on Sharon just like she did The Bug and then get away with it again. I think Phyllis is a victim of her own success in some ways. I've visited a few fan boards and people seem to really react badly to the idea of "old" Phyllis coming out to play.

I agree last week's Jack/Phyllis scenes were pretty bad and I'm expecting more of the same this week. I think I'm actually going to be rooting for Sharon over Phyllis again.

Archived