Y&R Discussion Thread: Week of May 28th

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phyllis and Neil both had WTF lines yesterday. Neil to Devon: "Boy you know I raised you better than that." He did? :o I thought Devon was 16 when he cames to the Winters' family, not 6!

I'm with everyone else calling for LML to be fired. Why in hell did they give this woman so much power? Now she's ruining the show and there seems to be no let up in sight. I could deal with all the characters acting uncharacteristically IF the show was written good. I'd rather have Jack Smith and Kay Alden back right about now. They may have had s/ls last forever but atleast it made sense.

• Members

That's because Danny denied her access to ever establishing a relationship with Daniel.

Look at this clip, you can actually feel sorry for Phyllis and how she pleads with Danny to see Daniel again. This clip is from shortly before Daniel appeared on the show.

Despite using him as leverage at one point, Phyllis really did love her son imo.

• Members

I agree to a point. I don't hate the show right now, but I do think the pacing is way to fast. When storylines move as quickly as they are right now people have to do more and more dramatic things, before you know it things are out of control. Too bad LML and Jack Smith weren't co-head writers still. Seems like they might have balanced each other out.

• Members

No he didn't.

Phyllis kept Phyllis from establishin a relationship with Daniel.

That scene was pure & utter bull.

As much as she whines & wheedles, nobody did that to Phyllis but Phyllis.

No it isn't.

She definitely loves Daniel.

But that love is & was toxic both then & now.

• Members

^I agree, Phyllis did put herself in that position, but at the same time, she shouldn't have to beg for information about her own son. Whether anyone accepts it or not, Danny wasn't even Daniel's biological father, he'll never have the innate connection with him as Phyllis does. While I agree that Phyllis was definitely in no position to raise a child, she should've been allowed some contact with Daniel, because not knowing your mother is as screwed up as Phyllis not knowing her son. In the end, it definitely didn't benefit of the parties involved.

I though that clip was from 2003? Didn't Daniel resurface in 2004? I'm bad with timelines. LOL

• Members

Why not?

The court awarded Danny full custody, not Phyllis.

Had she been so concerned about "her" son she would've done right by him instead of expectin everyone else to justify her crap (just as she's doin with Summer now).

Danny is Daniel's father in every way that matters (and some that don't) & he loves that boy more than Phyllis ever could.

Phyllis doesn't have any innate connection to Daniel.

In fact, she usually can't even be bothered with him, especially when she's chasin after some man (which is almost always).

Daniel is what he's always been to her, a convenient pawn for her various manipulations & an oblivious prop for her narcisstic self esteem.

It's definitely tragic that Daniel grew up without a mother but he has no one to blame but Phyllis for bein too selfish to put his needs above her own.

And Danny did exactly the right thing by removin Daniel (and himself) from Phyllis orbit cause she's proven time & again that her "love" is beyond toxic no matter how many chances & breaks she's granted.

Not really.

It's Phyllis fault that everyone involved was forced to suffer cause she refused to grow up.

It is, but Daniel didn't surface till mid 04.

• Members

He might have, if he hadn't sent the kid off to boarding school to be raised by strangers. Biology doesn't matter as much as being there (imo), but I've never gotten the impression that Danny was there much. He certainly hasn't been in the last few years. I wonder if the actor isn't interested in the show or if the writers haven't bothered to ask him back?

I agree.

• Members

Danny's absence is totally not MD's doin.

That was a despicable bit of character assasination to prop Phyllis & even then he didn't send Daniel to boarding school cause he wanted him outta the way (as Phyllis would've), he sent Daniel to boarding school because of his touring & still managed to be a good father.

Wait...how is PHYLLIS bein a sociopathic nutjob Danny's fault?

• Members

Phyllis has been a criminal from day one (literally) and to this day has not apologized or accepted responsibility for what she has done. You mention her deserving time with Daniel, but even when he returned she LIED and made it seem as if big bad Christine and Danny viciously ripped her away from her child.

Phyllis tricked Danny into thinking he had impregnated her which made him lose his wife (Christine) and think he's a cheater. Still, he married her (twice, the idiot) and was a better father to Daniel than you can ask for. Then he had his heart ripped out when he learned that Phyllis lied about Daniel's paternity. And lets not forget that Phyllis murdered a woman to keep her from revealing the truth.

How does this murderer who is still blaming her victims deserve time with her son? I just don't see it.

The best part of Phyllis/Danny/Christine is that for so long Danny, Christine and Paul did think they were the bad guys. Christine and Paul never had proof of the things Phyllis did so she could gloat and make them feel like crap. She tried to kill both of them, but still, Christine is a baby/husband stealing bully, lol. Thats a laugh!

However bad Phyllis was back in the day, she was complex, well written and is well missed by me! In order for the character (or any villians) to work you have to acknowledge their faults, not gloss over them. Phyllis is a bad mother and that should be acknowledged.

Also, why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that Michael was her lawyer when she lost Daniel? She should be running from him.

• Members

I didn't say Phyllis is a sociopath. You did. I didn't say anything was Danny's fault. You did. That's how.

All I said is I agree not knowing your mother is screwed up. If you disagree with me fine, but don't put words in my mouth. State your opinion as your own, not mine.

• Members

Eh No.

You agreed with a previous postt that stated Danny was responsible for Phyllis lack of a relationship with Daniel when that simply isn't, wasn't & never was the case.

When you can state an opinon based on facts, then we'll talk. :rolleyes:

Archived