ATWT: SOD Focus Group Survey

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Character Watch Everyday: Barbara, Kim, Lucinda, Emma

Character to Return: Give your vets a story first!

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through? Cleo, Brad, NuAlison, Whore Em

Which couple would you like to break up? Jack and Katie

What was the best episode ever? Boathouse Explosion 2001; Jen's Death

What was the worst episode ever? There have been a lot lately. The show has lost focus I feel like! Hal's Memorial, that was not a memorial to a character and actor we loved! The whole show should have been about it him and it would have been nice to see what Barbara's reaction would have been for this! Instead we got a lousy few scenes here and there! Missed the boat!!

How many years have you been watching this soap? 18 Years since 1989

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show. 3

Other soaps: B&B, GL, Plus I have soapnet!

• Members

There's actually one for every soap.

Character every day....CARLY!!!

Return...Kirk Anderson

FF...Jack/Katie

Breakup...JACK/KATIE!!

Best eppy...I put Hal's memorial. I should have put Carjack's breakup.

Worst eppy...Simon/Katie sex.

rank....4

other shows...GL, B&B....kind of being generous saying "watch".

• Members

This is how I filled it out.

Which current character would you watch every day?

Lucinda ,Barbara,Lily,Carly

Which former character would you most like to come back?

John Dixon, Hughes family

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through?

Anything Brad and Katie

Which couple would you like to break up?

Jack and Katie

What was the best episode ever?

Paul's denouncement of Rose and her collapse at the altar.Next,the sequence where a dead Rose DeAngelo narrated the happenings in Oakdale

What was the worst episode ever?

Second day 50th anniv.tribute to TV shows

How many years have you been watching this soap?

35 years plus

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show

What other soaps do you watch?

Y&R DAYS and GL on occasion.

Please provide a brief explanation for your answers here

I remember how good this show USED to be and know under the right Head Writer it can be again!

• Members

I didn't save my responses, but I listed Jack/Carly/Lily/Holden's tween aged kids as my FF material. And griped about the recasting of established characters that look nothing like and act nothing like the version before,.

• Members

Which current character would you watch every day?

Lily, Emma, Holden, The Vets

Which former character would you most like to come back?

James, Andy, Molly, Rose

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through?

Jack/Katie/Brad/Vienna & Cleo

Which couple would you like to break up?

Jack/Katie & Brad/Katie

What was the best episode ever?

The CarJack breakup episodes, the episode where Rose narrarated and profiled all of the suspects in her murder case, and Thanksgiving episode of 2005

What was the worst episode ever?

Mostly all the episodes from December 2006 to April 2007. Especially the 50th Anniversary Special Episode #2 where they re-created old TV shows and the episodes where Benjamin Hendrickson and his character "Hal" were supposedly memorialized. However, the memorial episodes fell FLAT!

How many years have you been watching this soap?

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show.

What other soaps do you watch?

DAYS, GL

Please provide a brief explanation for your answers here

Fire whoever you need to in order for this show to re-establish itself as the powerhouse soap that it once was and can be once again! Quit bringing on so many new faces. Bring back old actors, ask the original and most popular actors back when looking into recasting or bringing back an old character, use the vets more..every last one of them, utilize balance more..it gets pretty old seeing the same characters day in and day out, and quit de-characterizing certain characters just to write a storyline that, to most viewers, is fast forward-worthy.

• Members

Note to oakdalelover and Actor87...the second 50th anniversary episode was definitely the clip show with the seven ladies, so you guys pretty much told TPTB that the you don't like watching episodes that focus on the older characters! Honest mistake, but not a wise one, considering the way TPTB already view the older characters...

• Members

I FLove the vets, but those "tribute" shows were complete jokes. And this isn't an official CBS thing anyway...it's from SOD. Dusty described which eppy he didn't like, even if it wasn't technically the second eppy. Like the TIIC give a frack what the fans think anyway?

It's part of the reason I answered Hal's tribute was the best eppy...it was a respectful "goodbye" to Hal...what there was of it anyway.

• Members

The ATWT one was my favorite. There's so much I wanted to get off my chest about this show. There is so much potential, if they would just follow the talent (Trent Dawson, Maura West, Roger Howarth), instead of wasting it.

• Members

:lol: RH is far from talented at acting.

Maybe talented with weird facial expressions and faking god-awful crying spells, but not acting.

:P

As far as my mistake re: the anniversary show...I doubt SOD even notices. :lol: Lame-o's!

Archived