DAYS: Who is Sophie DiMera?

• Members

Was it "Sophie" or "Sophia?" For that matter, it might've been "Sofie" or "Sofia." I can't recall.

Anyway, last week at the DiMera cemetary in New Orleans, EJ mourned over a tomb marked with HUGE letters identifying the corpse inside as "Sophie DiMera." (or however the spelling was)

Who is that?!

I feel like I've heard the name before, yet I've looked everyplace on the web and there's no mention of Sophie on any DiMera family tree... or anyplace, for that matter. Since her name was written so huge on that tomb, is it a clue to something? Is there some sort of importance to her name? Does she figure into the Brady/DiMera feud somehow? Was there ever a Sophia Brady? I can't imagine that they'd make a completely unheard-of name that huge without it having some sort of significance to the story.

I'm thinking that her name is a clue or will figure into the upcoming story, just the same as the yet-to-be-revealed contents of the letter in the wall will figure prominently at some point, as well. But how? Anybody got any theories?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL Kenny, I noticed that and was wondering the exact same thing. I also couldn't really find anything on it either.

The tombstone read Sophie DiMera, huge, while the rest of them just said DiMera. I was looking keen on them too since I read Kenny's previous post asking how come there wasn't any for Kristen.

• Members

I'd like to know how EJ came to be raised by Stefano and not Susan. Especially since Stefano believes Susan is Kristen and that Susan is dead. Oh, the complicated plot points they'd have to rehash!

It's especially jarring, the history timeline, to hear EJ say he grew up at Maison Blanche when it was burned down 3 years before he was born. But since Sami & Lucas are helping rebuild homes that were destroyed by Katrina, I guess MB was rebuilt?

Eh, whatever, it's a soap. History is irrelevant.

• Members

I went over this in another thread. The only way Stefano would've taken EJ from Susan is if he found out that she wasn't really Kristen, as he believed. In that case, he would've had Susan killed (or at least silenced somehow) and searched all ends of the earth for Kristen, because he knows she didn't die in the pool (remember their reunion in the cemetary?). Common sense would tell him that Kristen is in the caribbean harem since that's where he and Kristen had set up for Susan to go, and if she's not there... Kristen must be there, instead. That makes too much sense for this show, though.

As for "Maison Blanche," Stefano didn't even leave Salem until 2001, by which time Maison Blanche had already been burnt to a crisp for nearly a decade. If he had it re-built after 2001, by that time (according to SORAS standards) EJ would've already been at least in his late teens, so I don't understand the whole bit about "childhood memories at Maison Blanche."

None of it makes sense! Normally, I can deal with re-written history until they start re-writing the stories I'VE watched, LoL

• Members

Yeah, the memories in Maison Blanche make zero sense. Of course, maybe they're not quite childhood memories, lol. EJ seems like he's a little...off. But that's just me. I mean, Stefano couldn't have logically located Elvis again until after 2001.

Sophie DiMera...well, that's a new one, but probably significant for one reason or another.

• Members

I have a feeling that Sophie Dimera is significant.

Just because some Dimera's are buried in New Orleans doesn't mean they are all buried there. They could be buried in several places and Kristen was buried in Salem as far as we all know.

I don't see all this re-written history everyone keeps mentioning. EJ was SORASed so we have to ignore the "Stefano not being able to locate him before 2001" bit because the timeline is going to be different since EJ got aged. Stefano could've found him offscreen and never told us, the viewers. Nevertheless, with EJ being aged so dramatically, we can't set benchmarks for when such and such happened anymore. Yes, in our personal memories, we know the years and all but in the show's world and time those sort of benchmarks can't be used when EJ was SORASed so much, along with other characters as well.

• Members

I don't have to ignore anything, LoL.

I can handle SORAS as long as they make it at least somewhat sensible. All it takes is five minutes of research and a few little dialogue changes and everything would be fine. There are people who have jobs at the show specifically for things like this, to make sure that the details in correlation with history are correct -- that's what they're there for! Then there's the scriptwriters, who should check on these things before putting it into the dialogue.

Fixing it would be as simple as this...

EJ: "I have so many childhood memories from this place. I come back here sometimes to feel closer to my family."

Instead of that line, change it to...

EJ: "I've seen so many pictures of this place, I almost feel as if I grew up here. I come here sometimes to feel closer to my family."

Such a tiny little change that has the same impact story-wise and it still maintains at least a little bit of a sensible timeline. Why can I do this for free and the people getting PAID to do this cannot? WHY?

• Members

Yeah, SORASing screws with real-world timelines radically. For example, originally Melissa was older than Hope until the early 1980s when they were SORASed and Hope was older than Melissa. Also, Max should be older than Shawn, but he's actually probably younger than he really should be. And if you think about it hard enough, Alice should probably be about 110 (considering the fact that her granddaughter Julie became a grandmother in the late 1970s). Not to mention the fact that Will & Philip are supposed to be the same age. I gave up accurate real-world timelines on this show a long time ago. Just wait until you get older and you discover that children you remember being born are suddenly older than you are. :lol:

Archived