DAYS: Friday, May 18

• Members

The amount of airtime Nick and Chelsea receive is the only turn-off for me. They're a great couple. Everything is there for them. And with summer approaching, I have a feeling we're going to be receiving a lot more Nick and Chelsea, so get ready!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like nick and chelsea.They are OK.They are not a couple who you CANT wait to see make love.

Plus when i see Chelsea all i think of is that she killed a child! She recently got in trouble again behind the wheel of a car.And she is only going to lose her license for SIX MONTHS?!The writing for these two is not there.

• Members

Chelsea is this shows most annoying character. I cant stand her. She may have improved slightly since last year, but she still has a long way to go before I will find her interesting to watch. Blake Berris is, like most younger actors, a little monotone in his acting. But I guess most viewers like him anyway beceause they think he is cute. The writers need to find something interesting for those two to do beceause their current "story" is kind of dull.

• Members

I don't see how Chelsea/Nick were on alot last week when they were on only twice. They were on more the week if the wedding. The show has really cut down on them as of late, along with Willow. The only characters on alot lately are Sami, Steve, EJ, Lucas, Shawn, Belle, Philip, and Gabby. The rest are ushered in and out. The balance still sucks and changes are coming but I hardly think Chelsea/Nick and Willow could be considered hounding airtime when the past few weeks haven't featured them all that much compared to the way they were being featured, with the exception being the LUMI wedding week when Chelsea/Nick were on 4 days.

• Members

Thats correctly. The main problem with Chelsea/Nick is that their story is boring. But just as you point out, I wouldnt exactly say that they are stealing any airtime, at least not right now. Just look at the episode rankings for April month too, and one can see that their amount of airtime mostly have been well balanced for the last 6 weeks. Sami/EJ are the real airtime thieves right now.

• Members

See that's the thing, no one is counting how many days they were on. It's how much airtime they are getting. Nick and Chelsea may have been on 4 days last week but their airtime was probably 1/2 as much as they were on this past week because the wedding week had so many different cast members and there was much more to go around. I hardly noticed that Chelsea and Nick were on 4 days last week because there was so much more to pay attention to. This week things reverted back to the way they were and presto, Nick and Chelsea have like 4 minute scenes, scene after scene. The worst were the Willow and Nick scenes, the show is taking a huge risk pairing two newbies together, especially one that no one really cares for. Willow's scenes were longer than Hope and Billie's on Thursday, that's what suck and that's why people aren't tuning into these specific episodes, they turn them on and here are these characters on, not even briefly, but a lot.

• Members

The character of Willow is a big failure. Hogan Sheffer really made a mistake with her. She fills no purpose on the show what so ever. And having Nick/Chelsea in long scenes is an attempt to try to force the viewers to care about them. This will probably continue beceause both Ken Corday and Hogan Sheffer wants DAYS to focus on younger characters.

• Members

Yeah but Nick and Willow have been on for months and are hardly newbies anymore IMO. Plus, I think it's rather unfair to blame this on Chelsea/Nick. They were on only two days this week. That does count and matter. Just because others's weren't on with them is not why people are tuning out. It's because nothing is happening.

I agree with you Ridge but my problem was that people are making it out to be like they are on everyday when they aren't. We have hardly seen Willow at all since the end of April, as is the case for Chelsea/Nick. The balance does suck but it should not be attributed to any particular group or characters. If you asked me a few months ago, I would agree that they are getting too much but they have returned right now to the airtime they were getting last Fall.

In regards to the other characters, the stories are ending so we can get to the new stuff. Once those stories end, the changes will be noticeable.

• Members

You're right. No one is sitting there keeping count on how many days Chelsea and Nick are on. When I say they're on too much, it's because that is what I interperet. They seem to always be on. Does that mean they're literally on everyday? No, not at all. I'm not counting. I'm just saying that Nick and Chelsea are on a lot and that's the only thing that turns me off. But since it's going to be summer soon, that's not changing.

• Members

I wouldn't care how many times a week they were on if I liked them.

I loved the days of Chelsea's life (post December 2005) when she was interesting.

And I loved the days of Chloe's life (except for when she was singing. OY!)

Archived