DAYS: This has been the best week of all of 2007!

• Members

I haven't been posting very much here at SON lately, mostly because I haven't exactly had much positive things to say about DAYS or any other soap lately. However, this past week (well we still have one more day) but the past 4 episodes of DAYS have been the absolute best from the show in all of 2007 so far.

The execution of the Sami/Lucas wedding was played out perfectly. The dialouge was absolutely perfect, the characterizations were perfect, the direction was outstanding and the acting was top notch. Alison Sweeney and ESPECIALLY Bryan Datillo (who IMO has never been better) perfectly conveyed to me how I had hoped their characters would react with this kind of material.

I loved that all the little details and symbolism were included, something that would have NEVER been even a thought with Reilly at helm. Moreover, I loved that we got a happy ending for Sami & Lucas and I am shocked at the character movement for Lucas that we have seen this week. He did more growing up in 4 days than he has done for nearly his entire run on the show. Hogan has IMO perfectly captured the essence of what LUMI is and has in the process has brought both Sami and Lucas as characters to an entirely new level as a result.

Finally the audience can get behind this couple, finally the relationship can be built on realistic means and not on a huge platter of plot driven crap.

I love that we are finally seeing Peter Reckell, Deidre Hall and Kristian Alfonso again, and I love that they are beginning to become more and more involved with the EJ Story.

I last month has seen some GREAT writing for Steve & Kayla, I haven't enjoyed their story this much in a while now. Mary Beth Evans continually has raised the bar with her performance and I am glad that Hogan has brought out a new fierce and desperate driven personality for this character.

I loved how Adrienne was brought back onto the show and love that she is involved in the Steve/Kayla story. I hope to see alot more of her...its like Bonnie never even existed. Judi in 1 episode made me forget that she even played another character recently.

I am ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN in love with the Chelsea/Nick pairing, the writing for them especially in today's episode was simple OUT-FREAKIN-STANDING...this is the way it should always be.

I have nothing but positive things to say about DAYS at the moment. The momentum the show has been building especially over the last two weeks has been really exciting to watch..I actually feel like we are building to something much more complex and huge...and my interests in watching it all unfold has been re-energised (after a horrible Jan-Feb-Mar period for this show).

My only gripe is that John Black is still missing...the show needs to get him out of his coma and right now and I would still like the show to somehow build a side plot for Marlena to be heavily involved in upcoming story.

Also HUGE plus that Tanya Boyd has been used to often (and that she will continue to be used).

So far DAYS is BY AND FAR having the best sweeps period...and it looks like it is only going to continue.

HUGE kudo's to Hogan Sheffer and everyone else who has contributed to the recent material..it has been great to watch.

The summer is gonna be great B)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I get so excited about the show only to be let down. One positive thing is that Sami/Lucas is going to be going straight into another major story. Sometimes when we have the climax of a story then we have a letdown afterwards. We shouldn't get that as they are heading straight into a major story with the Dimeras. I'm excited that maybe everyone will be used in this story. Steve and Kayla have been on fire lately also. Hopefully Steve will defeat this mind programming, and will be able to help the Brady's against the Dimeras. I also agree that John needs to wake up now. That is my only complaint about the wedding. John should have seen this new Sami. I can't wait for them to have a scene together. It is going to be amazing. Like Stefano is the center of the bad side of Salem, to me John is the center of everything good. The show has felt off ever since he has been in his coma. I'm interested to see what part Anna is going to play in all of this. Great sweeps so far, and hopefully it will continue through the summer.

• Members

I basically watched monday-thurs in one night on my DVR and only got 3 hrs of sleep before I had to work the next morning because of it. I just couldn't stop, and I was way too invested.

I loved that Sami finally told Lucas. And I loved, LOVED, that they finally had Lucas as the mature adult he should be by now in standing by Sami. It was great how they had him feel like [!@#$%^&*] for making Sami think because of everything in the past that he'd leave her if he found out EJ raped her. Nice jab by Hogan at the [!@#$%^&*] JERk did to Lucas the last 3 years!

Nick and Chelsea were great.

The island story is going great.

The negative for me:

Stephanie seriously has no point, and while this girl is far superior to orange little Shayna Rose, she needs to go!

And I have no use for the Steve and Kayla story. The Johnson's are so boring, and not interesting anymore, they are really a bore. Adrienne's involvment in this story I did not like how it was done. An undercover cop who's trained could have done that, and should have done that. And I don't like that they didn't address her current status at all - what's she been doing? How's she been? Is she still with Justin Kiriakis? Is she living in Salem - she got over to that house pretty quick after Kayla called. Seeing as her name in the credits is "Adrienne Johnson Kiriakis" I can only assume she's still with Justin, is he in Salem too? Why are we not hearing about Philip or Victor interacting with them? They just just threw her into a very plot oriented situation where she didn't fit.

• Members

I'll be glad when DOOL finds its balance because I want to see the greatness back. I think Hogie can do that.

I must admit that I am a bit confused on the rape thing. When did EJ rape Sami? The sex in the car? That can't be because the sex was consenual. EJ told Sami that the only way he would help Lucas is if Sami slept with him. Sorry. EJ is scum for that but rapist??? No way no how!

ANDREA

Archived