DAYS: Reminder... Sami's "SoapNet" Marathon!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I flove Sami! She is so evil. I love it.

I could do without the Jen/Brandon/Colin/Elizabeth scenes. I barely remember the last two.

It's sad that Kate is still repeating the same tired lines about Sami.

Uh oh...Austin knows Sami was blackmailing Victor. I forget over what.

• Members

OMG. You missed the 1995 episode? It was incredible! Incredible! You have to see it... I'm in pain that you missed it. When this marathon re-airs, WATCH IT. It had MarDevil and everything!

• Members

Sami blackmailed Victor into transferring Austin's job with Titan to Hawaii. She threatened to "destroy Phillip's world" by showing him the photos of Kate as a call-girl. Victor couldn't have Phillip finding out that way, so he bent to Sami's schemes. The entire purpose of wanting to go to Hawaii with Austin was to get away from Kate and her scheming, LoL

• Members

I had to tape the episodes because I was exhausted and needed some sleep. Just finished watching them. I won't comment on the 2006 one because while that was a good episode, it was recent and I don't get why it was part of this event when it had very little impact IMO.

The 2002 wedding was fantastic. I was always hit and miss in regards to Brandon. I hated him when he first joined but he grew on me. He always tended to support Sami even when she was bad so I admired that. He seemed to "get" her. I agree that you can tell a big difference between Missy during the majority of JER's second run and in this episode. I never really hated Melvey but his character was pointless, much like Patrick was until Hogan gave him some direction. I kind of liked Elizabeth, God help me :lol: .

The Kate/Victor scenes were fantastic. Hogan needs to repair these two. They are gold. Austin listening to them was a great scene and those LUMI scenes were amazing. Sami's one liners and her attacking Lucas were just great scenes. This episode reminded me of how much Ari Zuker grew as an actress and how much I miss her. She is one I hope Hogan brings back because she is so versatile and she can be paired with pretty much anyone. Brash and Cwickly were jusr amazing. They really understood the characters and the show.

The 1995 episode was superb. I know there are many long-time Days fans that hate what Reilly did but this shows the man can write. I don't know what happened to him but this is an example of how good he can make a show. I loved the dark tone and lighting. Great seeing MarDevil and the laugh and eyes. Brought back so many memories. Patrick Muldoon is awesome. That is why I brought him into my blog and got rid of Peck. He conveys so much emotion even without lines. He reminds me alot of how I felt when BB replaced JC only in reverse. JC=Peck and Muldoon-BB. Seeing Christie in the 1995 episode and then later in the 2006 one shows how much she improved as an actress. She was always good but wow. Young Sami and Lucas was fun and those scenes were magic. They way he comforted her and then, afterwards, she asked him not to say anything.

Seeing Shawn and Caroline was nice and wow how good was Drake back then. Someone needs to send this to him so he take notes. Roark as Mike is always a bore but he tended to be more alive early in his run like he was in this episode.

I like Deborah Adair but, to me, if she was still in the role beyond when she exited I think Kate would've been a goner years ago. I know Kate is always in a constant cycle of meddling and all but Koslow always keeps her interesting and gives her so much energy. Debora was dull at times and I found her way too "matronly" and almost stuck up in this episode. Kate had a tortured past and Deborah didn't always play her like that except during the Curtis story. I just think Lauren is much better and I don't think Deborah could have handled the changes in Kate's character that we got. Deborah playing a sassier, sexier Kate is something I don't think would've worked well. Great seeing Vivian and Ivan. Vivian in pig tails :lol: . John Aniston looks great in this epidode and it's so funny looking at the old sets and the Kiriakis Mansion. I like the new mansion but the old one was...wow. I can still remember Vivian being pregnant with Philip. I remember not liking that story initially but growing to like it over time.

This was fun to watch and how cute is Ali's son Ben? I loved her saying Ben calls Bryan "Bri Bri." Her little stories and her playing with Ben was adorable. Ali really is the face of Days currently IMO. She is there big promotional draw now as far as the mainstream it seems and I am glad they are taking advantage of it with a marathon like this. I hope we see loads of Days promotion when she is hosting The Biggest Loser and when IWTBASS airs on Soapnet this summer.

• Members

It's so odd to me, everytime I see Deborah Adair as Kate again. Lauren speaks with a slow, soft, breathy, vixen-y tone, and then Deborah Adair just blathers on and on and talks pretty fast, LoL. I also detect a bit of an accent. It's like Kate on speed!

• Members

I missed it to! Completey forgot, ahhh! Have to catch the reairing tomorrow. I really only want to see and tape the 1995 episode.

They should call up Patrick Muldoon to try and get him back. He hasn't done anything huge so he's not out of the question. Then get Christie Clark back as well.

• Members

I taped the first two episodes of the marathon. Quite frankly, I really enjoyed the one from 1995 and just because of an appearance from MarDevil herself. [MarDevil]BWAHAHAHAHA[/MarDevil]

Everything was just ON-POINT and to this day, I can't take back loving DAYS during Reilly's first run. Everything from the sets, the lighting, the scoring, the acting, the writing...

It's didn't seem like on PASSIONS where the characters regurgitate the same thing over and over again with flashbacks ad-nauseum. Sure, there were Reilly trademarks, like slow as hell stories and MULTIPLE close calls.

And I miss DAYS's old opening credits with the theme song in the background and stuff.

DAYS was just so awesome back then.

Archived