DAYS: Reminder... Sami's "SoapNet" Marathon!

• Members

You know that I agree with you, wholeheartedly.

When Marlena shot up from the bed with the yellow eyes and did her MarDevil laugh, I literally SCREAMED with excitement! LoL

I found myself completely drawn into the Sami/Lucas/Carrie/Austin story, just as I was back then. I kept thinking, "Austin's going to read the note on the door, go to Titan and see Sami and Lucas... good stuff!" I completely forgot about him believing it was Carrie, and Sami going right along with it to let him believe it, so that I was a nice surprise. And then the end with Carrie showing up at Austin's door and him telling her to get lost... I was heartbroken! By the time the episode was over, I just thought to myself, "Damn! What happens tomorrow?" I'd seen it all before, and it was just as addictive as it was originally.

Did you notice how there was a cliffhanger of sorts before every commercial break? Even though the vast majority didn't lead to any actual reveal, it's still always better to go out to commercial on a high note rather than just fading to black on a drowsy, boring scene.

And the end of the episode, hearing the demon's voice as he remarks "I'm not finished with Marlena yet, this is just the beginning..." or something like that, I just wanted to tune in the next day to see what would happen. And again, I've already seen all this! Call me crazy, but I'm a sucker for a good supernatural storyline, if it's done well. The whole mood and tone of the show as this time was dark, dramatic and gothic... the presence of 'true evil' in Salem heightened the show and all the other stories that weren't even involved with MarDevil. It was just like an electricity for the show.

...and this episode didn't even have my Kristen in it!

When I sit down and think about how much the show has changed since then, I could just cry. It exists now only in memory, LoL

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think SoapNet has shown the 2002 episode before...maybe back when Days was on hiatus during the 2004 summer olympics.

As for the '95 episode...wow all those memories came flooding back, including the ripped from the headlines story of Sami shooting the slimy Alan in the "boxer shorts" lol. As far as Kate goes...I personally loved Deborah Adair in the role and never got used to Koslow(will always be B&B's Margo to me), nor the change in her personality. There was something endearing about her originally. Adair's Kate was tough, yet vulnerable, and had heart & soul...Koslow's Kate is one note...nasty and a harpy ol' shrew.

Adair's also vastly underrated for her tenure as Jill on Y&R imo...

• Members

I just watched the 1995 episode! It was freakin' awesome as the lighting, sets, acting, music, and writing were all great. The background music really enhanced the scenes, the dramatic music used in the eppy had me a little nervous not knowing what was going to happen next. MarDevil was by far my favorite part of the episode. Deidre Hall shined in this episode mainly because she wasn't hamming it up. Why can't she always act like this, I thought she was awesome.

Christie Clark looks almost exactly the same, I could barely tell a difference from 1995 to 2006.

Deborah Adair actually went to my high school, lol. Even though she did I never liked her portrayal near as much as I love Koslow's version. Seeing Vivian was great, her over the top schemes and campiness was alwasy fun to watch. The bitch was just evil.

After seeing this I wish Sami and Lucas of today would scheme and lie for each other. Bryan Datillo looked hot as hell back in 1995 and still does today. I laughed when Lucas and Sami kissed because Ali and Bryan looked so uncomfortable together. From then until now it is liek night and day between those two.

Patrick Muldoon was refreshing as Austin, too bad he couldn't ever come back instead of Peck.

Why were Shawn and Caroline so concerned about Marlena, as if she were their daughter? Today Shawn and Caroline seem liek they don't even really care about Marlena. It makes sense, but I guess today that's just kinda assumed and not shown near as much.

MarDevil was just so awesome to see again. The music and the eerieness of the scenes were just fantastic, I really wanted to see the next show. DAYS was just truly the shi.t back in the mid 90's.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 12 2007, 03:43 PM)
This shows how crap SOAPnet has become. Three episodes when the marathons used to have as many as 8 for GH. And one of the three is from last year! If they had to choose DAYS why not center it around Marlena? I imagine she'd have more varied episodes centering around her being a mother. Or they could showcase different mothers in Salem.

Of course my top choice would be Y&R which hasn't had a proper classic marathon or OLTL which I believe still hasn't either. From Jess to Tess doesn't count since the episodes were a recap of a current story.

And why choose one of the worst mothers in Salem for a "mother marathon"? Sami's been a horrible mother to Will most of the time.

The first marathon SoapNet does with Days should be with Marlena and/or Alice.

• Members

So i finally got to see Patrick Muldoon as Austin Reed. I'm just going to say that I am glad I never had to endure him as that character. I can now say that I'd rather have Austin Peck as Austin, rather than Muldoon. Muldoon seems like such a !@#$%^&*], little pretty boy. He's not believable as Austin. And his voice cracks every single line. Peck may not be able to act, but he's Austin to me Muldoon doesn't even compare.

• Members

Never said I wanted him back. :);) I hate the character of Austin, but if the character had to be on the show, I'd want Peck over Muldoon. Hopefully neither get the chance to grace my screen again and Austin is never seen in Salem again.

• Members

I really enjoyed watching the two older episodes. I wish SOAPnet would do a weekly series where a different soap star each week hosted and showed their favorite (older) episodes of their soap.

• Members

Who, besides me, noticed how dark is was in the apartment building of Sami/Austin/Carrie/etc. in the 1995 episode? Looked like someone forgot to pay their light bill! LoL

• Members

The 2002 episode has one of my favourite Days cliffhangers even. Austin overhearing and then my bestest most favouritest music cue starts playing till the fadeout. After so much Langan crap, this was the beginning of B&C ressurecting the show.

• Members

I think it was a sh!t idea to have Sami be the Mother's Day marathon. Marlena would have been a far better choice- show DJ's death, the showdown betwee Stefano and Marlena where he planned to take her kids and make her his queen of the night, and getting Belle back. ALL would have been at least ten years old. And she's still enough of a face of Daytime! It's nuts that they picked, Sami but it's obvious why. The wedding.

Archived