Fall 2007 pickups

KevC1980

• Members

ABC ADDS 10 NEWCOMERS, RENEWS 'NOTES,' 'ROAD'

By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC is staying in "October Road" while "Notes from the Underbelly" has been given a second chapter.

In addition, 10 pilots - seven dramas ("Big Shots A.K.A. Perfect Gentlemen," "Cashmere Mafia," "Dirty Sexy Money," "Eli Stone," "Private Practice," "Pushing Daisies," "Women's Murder Club") and three comedies ("Carpoolers," "Cavemen," "Sam I Am") - have been issued series orders by the Alphabet.

The "Notes" pick-up is for 13 new episodes, which along with its five holdover installments from this season, will up its 2007-08 total to 18.

As for "Road," the network has yet to clarify if the renewal is for 13 episodes or a full season of 22.

Over on the newcomer side, the dramas include the much-ballyhooed "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off "Private Practice," two series from "Brothers & Sisters" executive producer Greg Berlanti ("Dirty Sexy Money," "Eli Stone") and efforts from "Sex and the City" creator Darren Star ("Cashmere Mafia"), "Reunion's" Jon Harmon Feldman ("Big Shots"), "Heroes'" Bryan Fuller ("Pushing Daisies") as well as a small screen take on James Patterson's book "Women's Murder Club."

And on the comedy front, there's the equally-ballyhooed "Cavemen," based on the Geico commercials, along with the Christina Applegate-led "Sam I Am" and Bruce McCulloch's ensemble "Carpoolers."

NBC ADDS 'LIPSTICK,' 'SCRUBS'; LOCKS UP 'CROWD,' 'JOURNEYMAN' CREATORS

By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- A seventh season of "Scrubs" and Candace Bushnell's "Lipstick Jungle" are the latest additions to NBC's 2007-08 season roster, various sources confirmed on Friday.

The newcomer, which stars Brooke Shields, Kim Raver and Lindsay Price, joins yesterday's pick-ups "Life," "Journeyman," "The Bionic Woman" and "Chuck."

Also nearing a pick-up: the Peacock's imported version of the British comedy "The I.T. Crowd." Joe Port and Joe Wiseman, two of the pilot's executive producers (the others being David Guarascio and Moses Port), inked an overall deal with producer NBC Universal Television this week. The pact covers their duties on the series should it move forward, a likely sign its sibling company is going with the comedy.

Yesterday "Journeyman" creator Kevin Falls signed a similar two-year, seven-figure deal with 20th Century Fox Television - the same day the Peacock ordered the project to series.

Finally as for "Scrubs," the veteran comedy is expected to enter its final season with a slightly shortened run of 18 episodes.

From Zap2it.com

Reports: CBS To Renew 'Christine,' 'Rules'

Rumored CBS schedule has four new dramas, no comedies

May 11, 2007

A rumored CBS schedule circulating on the eve of upfronts includes on-the-bubble comedies "How I Met Your Mother," "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Rules of Engagement."

The Hollywood Reporter confirms that CBS is likely to maintain a Monday night comedy block that includes third seasons of "HIMYM" and "Christine," as well as a second run of mid-season comedy "Rules." Those three would carry the night along with returning hit "Two and a Half Men," a move that would mean the end of "The Class" and would also suggest that none of CBS' new comedy pilots would be on the air in the fall.

It's being reported that CBS' drama pilot pick-ups will be led by the untitled Cynthia Cidre pilot, featuring Jimmy Smits. That series could be ticketed for CBS' high profile Thursday night 10 p.m. slot after "CSI," with "Shark" possibly moving to Tuesday night at 10.

Also looking good for pick-ups are the Hugh Jackman-produced crime-musical "Viva Laughlin" (possibly for Wednesday nights at 8 p.m.), the zombie dramedy "Babylon Fields" (maybe as a Friday companion for "Ghost Whisperer") and the '70s partner-swapping dramedy "Swingtown" (maybe landing on Sunday nights.

CBS won't officially announce its schedule until the network's upfront presentation on Wednesday (May 16) morning.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm happy its back for a final season..and i hear we get a huge cliffhanger, so i'm glad that will be resolved.. I'm thinking NBC will try out a new show in this timeslot in the fall, then air the 18 episodes starting in the January...

• Members

Is it just me...or have TV show titles gotten worse and worse every single year? Like, seriously...Pushing Daisies? The Knights of Prosperity? Dirty Sexy Money?

Nowadays, a show's title is either extremely generic (The Unit, The Office, The Class, Supernatural) or it requires an explanation of its meaning and/or relevence to the show (Men in Trees, 30 Rock, The Rules of Engagement, The Knights of Prosperity). Or maybe it's just gawky and stupid. I still can't really swallow the fact Desperate Housewives...is named Desperate Housewives.

• Members

Tvguide.com is reporting that Law and Order will be back for another season...Also Criminal Intent's season will air on USA and not NBC...Personally i think thats a great idea, NBC doesn't need 3 Law and Orders on its schedule..and this gives USA a hit show...

So NBC has freed up space with Law and Order CI, Crossing Jordan, and the monday 10pm slot....I'm really hoping that the Apprentice will end as well...and they renewed the bubble shows: Scrubs, 30 Rock, Friday Night Lights, Medium, and Law and Order..

Archived