OLTL: Grade the show

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If we had David, Dorian, Clint, Viki, Lindsey, Nora, ALL the Buchanan boys (including Cord, Asa and Kevin), Kelly, Cassie, Todd, Blair, Michael, Marcie, Tina, Jessica, Vangie, Nash and Antonio then we would have a damn good show. Plus, give Viki a love interest! This show has so much potential. I know I am missing a lot of great characters too, so please forgive me.

Right now, I would give it a C minus and I am being nice

• Members

B- ONE LIFE is NOT as bad as a lot of you keep stating it is. It's by far better than AMC and PASSIONS. Tried watching PASSIONS several times and it sucked, a lot of terrible acting as well (not all acting, but a lot). Tried watching AMC tonight to see Greenlee but when Tad told Adam that he was taking Krystal & baby Jenny home with him. I got very pissed off and starting watching my TiVo'ed episodes of ONE LIFE and DAYS.

ONE LIFE does need to bring back Asa, Cord, Tina, Kevin, Kelly & Cassie for starters and get rid of overdone and pitiful characters like Vincent, Shaun, John McBain, Jordin the prostitute, Nash. Make faves like Clint and Jessica act like themselves. Also keep Renée Elise Goldsberry!

• Members

Well, OLTL is not good right now. The characters are boring. The stories are even worse. At least AMC has balance and storylines that actually are great! The thing that OLTL is lacking is the character balnce. Also they need a new head writer!

But i do respect your opinion

• Members

F, I give it an F and will continue to do so because the show sucks worse now than ever before.

And until OL gives Viki story and a love interest and fires Dena H., it will suck because you can't take the heart out of Llanview and destroy the core and expect the show to survive on an endless newbie invasion along with focus on only the young, it is killing the show, that and the awful, awful writing of Dena H that is insult after insult, no romance, no story, completely our of character writing, constant bashing of women, ageist and sexist problems, bad dialogue, stupid use of focus groups (which I read use 40 people to decide what OL features??? are they kidding???) overexposure of the same pets and shocking events that have no part on a soap which is mainly an escape for women with the love in the afternoon idea. There is no love in the afternoon on OLTL. The show needs a new head writer, now, and Frons needs to go too along with Frankie the lying EP. An F, I give this show an F. But the biggie is Dena being fired, she needs to be fired. They fired McTavish, why can't OL get a new HW too. Alden is not working on OL at all, and it shows. F.

F

• Members

The show is a train wreck.

I have not watched an episode since February.... and nothing got me hooked then and based on everything I've read recently, nothing is there to hook me now.

Nothing compelling me to set a tape for it each day.

So therefore a F.

What ever happened to that supposed front burner storyline for Nora?

Viki is wallpaper... she is OLTL. I only hope with Ron now as Co-HW and by the sounds of it rewriting alot of Dena's garbage, maybe the show will turn around.

• Members

I would give it a C+ at the very most, there's somethings that are okay... while other I'm thinking WTF? Like Adriana/Tate/Rex, that's a whole WTF because it's not interesting at all... and yet they seem to be spending quite a bit of time on it.

• Members

OLTL definitely has its issues IMO. But I'm glad it is still watchable and storylines are entertaining. Several vets are being shafted and I am not really into this Dorian/Viki/Clint triangle, but otherwise the show isn't down in the pits for me yet (not worst than when Tico Santi took over and Malone just stopped caring about any and every character). I'd say B-.

• Members

OLTL is not the same. While about 6 months ago, I could say that OLTL was utalizing it's vets, I cannot say that now. Yes, we see Viki, blaming herself once again, and yes we see Roxy( who I dont really consider a vet, or anything important), acting a fool, but that is not the same. OLTL planned on having this "Event", with Henry carry the show. Now, that "Event", was turned into a plot point for Starr and Cole and lasted about a day when it was supposed to carry the whole sweeps. With that being done, Jess/Nash/Antonio has to be upped. It is a shame that this whole week, every day, all I saw was Starr Jessica Nash Antonio and Cole. If not all 4, it was two or the other for this whole past week. Lets not forget Rex and Adriana who were also on damn near, if not every day last week. It wouldnt hurt to get a little Nora, Dorian, some more Blair, in. Really. It wouldn't. I would give the show a C- minus, out of loyalty. I cannot give it an F, because if my grade for it was a F, I would not be watching, and I just cannot up and leave. Hopefully, with the new Co, Assistant, Vice still Associate Head Writer, Ron Carlivati, we can see some changes. I know May sweeps will bomb and I have come to terms with that. My hope is that once this all passes, we can see something good out of OLTL.

• Members

I would have to agree with the F to G assessment.

Viki is not only wallpaper but is back to having no love interest again? How many years will Viki be alone?

Way too many teens and none of them are related to anyone in Llanview other than Starr, why are they all unconnected newbies?

Newbie overload again and I hear more are coming, yet none of the vets can buy airtime or story, that is insulting to all the vets like ES, RSW, RS, etc. do they not get that without Viki, Bo, Asa, Dorian, etc this show wouldn't still be on the air and minimalizing them makes me and many others tune out.

Higley is the worst writer to hit daytime, why is she still there? Why do the pet airhog continue when ratings and demos keep going down and down.

F to G is my view. I hate what they have done to Erika Slezak and her Viki character, Llanview is the pits these days if I even watch.

Archived