DAYS: Ali Sweeney's latest blog entry...

• Members

I thought this was sweet. Especially the part about having tears in her eyes by reading all the posts and feedback on the LUMI wedding -- what a sweetheart she is!

-----------------------------------------

Okay, I seriously have tears in my eyes reading all the posts about the Lumi wedding. The first time I saw the completed montage, I was so choked up. When we were shooting the scenes, we only saw the still photos (that picture of my and Bryan during the “Spring Fling” story is SO embarrassing!!! We were so young, and I just look so goofy!!!) and the editors added the flashback scenes into the show later. Obviously, Bryan and I had to participate – helping the prop department find old photos of us, and the writers asked us to help remember classic, Lumi moments (I knew that hopscotch scene existed, and needed to be aired!!!) for the montage. Even knowing all that, it still caught me off guard seeing the whole show completed. Bryan and I have been through so much together, so many crazy storylines… I thought this weeks scenes are the ultimate and perfect culmination of a story 14 years in the making!!!  As you may know, we certainly had our work cut out for us, shooting all those scenes. It was a long, difficult day due to the all the special wedding details, not to mention Bryan’s last minute illness. But even though everyone was exhausted by the end, every single cast & crew member gave 100% in each scene. In some ways, it felt like such a momentous event on a personal level for me – with Kristian (Hope) and Dee (Marlena) and Josh walking me down the aisle – you’d think I was really getting married, I was so emotional about these scenes! Lol!!

The song that’s being played during the Lumi montage was performed by Whiskey Falls. I am friends with the lead singer, Seven, who is married to Mackenzie Westmore (Sherridan, Passions). His songs are so beautiful, and the one they choose to play during the montage just seemed to fit the Lucas & Sami story perfectly. It’s entitled “I Can’t Stop Loving You”.

I thought the whole green wedding theme turned out spectacular! The flowers were gorgeous, the ceremony, the reception… it was all fantastic. Last night, I was getting my make-up done for the Biggest Loser, and we were all completely caught by surprise when we saw a segment on Extra about “Sami & Lucas’ Green Wedding on Days”. Such a surreal moment for me… worlds colliding and all that… lol. We all loved seeing our first glimpse of all the hard work that went into the wedding on tv.

XOXO

Ali

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting this Kenny!

It's obvious Ali cares about the show. I am glad she is getting a lot of positive feedback because she truly deserves it for getting ZERO Emmy love.

• Members

It is great to see positives again that's for sure.

I love Ali. She is such a natural and so fan friendly. Her and the cast and crew deserve major kudos and I hope the writers go to the rest of the cast for stuff like that. No one knows better then them and you can tell Ali and Bryan's suggestions made a big difference.

• Members

All they have to do is write a decent, well-balanced show, and I'm happy. Today's episode was both of those things, so I'm pleased. Let's pray to God that it sustains...

• Members

It was dark and depressing, Toups but some did enjoy it. Yes, the balance sucked and the stories were mostly in holding patterns but it wasn't Days at it's worst. It's been much worse then that. On a scale of 1-10, Days in those months was like a 6-7 whereas there were times before I would give it around a 3-4.

• Members

Ali is such a God-send. I used to love reading her blogs entries on her website and reading her posts on her website's froum. She seems so friendly and caring and funny and down to earth.

Too bad I got banned from there for actually having friends. <_<

• Members

I love Ali and all but I am LIVID that she spelled Sheridan's name WRONG. It's NOT "Sherridan." My God, that's common sense, even, in real life! No one has EVER spelled the name "Sheridan" with two R's. And I'd bet money that the double-R spelling, IF it exists, covers an extreme minority. The OBVIOUS choice, if she had to guess, would be "Sheridan" with one "R." And what is it with these actors who post on their blogs and don't get it right? Don't they know this becomes public information that anyone can see and therefore, carries with it a great deal of responsibility and accountability? It's just common sense that when you post blogs and having a certain position of power and influence, you check your facts before posting them; OTHERWISE, you risk the chance of being "publicly" ridiculed for not doing so by people like me!

Meanwhile, what's this about Seven's band name? I guess his old band, "Seven in the Sun" (wasn't that what it was called?) didn't work out. :(

• Members

Ali is just adorable. I love that she and Bryan had a hand in picking the montage scenes. TPTB should get that kind of input from the actors more often. They know better than anyone what will resonate with the audience.

Archived