This week on B&B: "Who killed Shane McGrath?"-episode

• Members

Now this is completely true and very annoying to watch. I will never understand why RIDGE is the golden child when Felicia, Thorne and Kristen are all miles better. I was just watching the first episodes and Stephanie hates Kristen for deserting the family aka going away to college! These people are nuts, lol. Ridge is very similar to a Paris Hilton, but I'm still a big fan.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson with Latham at Y&R. I wouldn't mind a new voice who can spice the show up and write better storylines, but Brad Bell should remain as a Co-headwriter and Executive Producer. It's such a shame Jack Smith didn't accept the writing position (probably Co-Headwriter) because he's much better here than on Y&R. You know, thinking about it, it is nuts he took the job at ABC. They obviously aren't replacing Higley if they gave her a Co-Headwriter and vote of confidence and I can't see any changes as GH.

CBS should've done everything to get both writers to stay. If they want a totally new vision let them write ATWT/GL or even develop a new soap. As much as some may want it, I think keeping GL will be a bad thing for CBSD in the end.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 10 2007, 02:58 PM)
Hopefully they've learned their lesson with Latham at Y&R. I wouldn't mind a new voice who can spice the show up and write better storylines, but Brad Bell should remain as a Co-headwriter and Executive Producer. It's such a shame Jack Smith didn't accept the writing position (probably Co-Headwriter) because he's much better here than on Y&R. You know, thinking about it, it is nuts he took the job at ABC. They obviously aren't replacing Higley if they gave her a Co-Headwriter and vote of confidence and I can't see any changes as GH.

CBS should've done everything to get both writers to stay. If they want a totally new vision let them write ATWT/GL or even develop a new soap. As much as some may want it, I think keeping GL will be a bad thing for CBSD in the end.

Yes, I would keep Bradley in a senior writing position, and absolutely in the EP position. I don't understand either why they didn't keep the duo, they could've functioned quite well with the other soaps. Who knows, maybe they tried but Kay and Jack received more lucrative (creatively and financially) offers from ABC Daytime.

• Members

I'm a die-hard B&B fand call Brad Bell totally responsible for it because he still is one the best writers out there.

The main problem is taht he like 90 % of other daytime writers have speeded up their storytelling. There's this urge to keep a show constantly must-see, one event following another. Not only do only few shows actually achieve this goal (I'd say B&B does a lot more than e.g. GH or Y&R but still only 60-40) but it also burns so much material. There was a reason why soaps tended to be slower - they're the only medium who can also show the little things and use a wide focus on storylines... Now ideas are burned off mucht too quickly. No writer can up with enough NEW storylines to fill this gap, so the recycling begins.

Brad Bell joined this trend in 2002/2003 and should go back to the basics and slow down a bit. He also needs a co-headwriter because from his recent interviews it got evident that he's still committed to B&B but the reason why the show lures the likes of Betty White is that Brad basically wants to do a movie one day/mini-series which also examplifies those powerful story-arcs we've been getting the past months which are however always short-lived... Brad should promote Patrick Mulcahey, still deliver his storyline ideas as the core for the show but Mulcahey then should connect the dots and stretch them a little more.

• Members

I do agree that Patrick Mulcahey needs a more substantial role on the show though I'd be gutted if he lost his script writing duties. He really, really gets the characters. Moreso IMO than Brad Bell. Mulcahey has the talent of making even the most ludicrious plot points seem in context with witty, eriudite dialogue. I don't think it's any coincidence that Mulcahey wrote for Santa Barbara. Both shows share a similar mentality I think.

• Members

I loved Rick and Phoebe's duet today. It was a little goofy, but any excuse to hear Phoebe sing works for me.

I like the rare occasions when Brooke and Taylor show compassion to each other. I wish Nick&Ridge didn't have such a hateful relationship. I wish they at least had some sort of brotherly feelings, even though they are at odds.

I know I say this all the time, but I really want Felicia in a story. She's being wasted!

• Members

Nah - I HATE the choice of songs for those duetts. I still freaking love Mackenzie Mauzy's singing voice though.

It was great seeing CJ those two days...

Overall - a fantastic week. i was a happy camper with Eric, Thorne, Felicia at least doing cameos. But where's PAM???

• Members

I have see mother protect their children. Stefanie obession with protecting Ridge is becoming outrageous . Ridge wanted Nick to get blame for killing Cane, why else would he take Nick boat and sail out and throw Cain overboard from there. I have never seen Ridge on Nick Boat. I hope when they arrest Nick that stefanie will also go to jail.

Do anyone believe that Ridge will go to jail. I believe he will tell what happen and his defensde lawyer will say how Ridge suffered a loss of right and wrong because he was protecting his daughter and he was afraid no one would believe him. The fact that he threw the body in the water , Ridge will most likely receive 6 months in jail and three years probation. I n which Stefanie will use he power and he only serve in house arrest.

• Members

I have see mother protect their children. Stefanie obession with protecting Ridge is becoming outrageous . Ridge wanted Nick to get blame for killing Cane, why else would he take Nick boat and sail out and throw Cain overboard from there. I have never seen Ridge on Nick Boat. I hope when they arrest Nick that stefanie will also go to jail.

Do anyone believe that Ridge will go to jail. I believe he will tell what happen and his defensde lawyer will say how Ridge suffered a loss of right and wrong because he was protecting his daughter and he was afraid no one would believe him. The fact that he threw the body in the water , Ridge will most likely receive 6 months in jail and three years probation. I n which Stefanie will use he power and he only serve in house arrest.

Archived