ALL: Dropped or Rewritten Stories

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PJ pretty much explained it with the Diego story. Not mention they stretched out for months, and once Emily stole Diego's body we kept seeing it around town, whether be in Emily's front passenger seat, the Snyder Pond, or in Margo's trunk. Making Kirk the killer was a really dumb move, and the motive was really weak. Angry that Diego double-crossed him on a business deal, with some muttering about Sam being blind due to Diego bombing Damian's plane...sheesh. Mark should have been the killer, out of revenge for Jones' murder. I could see why Kirk let Emily take the rap for the murder, but letting Margo and his own niece be arrested and imprisoned for something he did? That was not the Kirk we knew. Funny though Kirk was never tried for Diego's murder, when he was arrested if I recall correctly James Stenbeck shot him and then Emily stole Kirk's gun from the evidence room.

By the way, there was another dropped story around the time this was all unfolding. Remember how Mike and Lily were supposed to be the next "big" couple? :unsure:

Valetta? Do you mean Nancy's 80th birthday party with Ellen back as the special guest star that turned into ATWT's answer to Titanic? Ick!

Which also reminds back in '98/99 John and Lisa were supposed to get back together. Lisa was all set to marry John but when she got to the hotel room she found out that John had married Carly instead. After they divorced, John announced his intention to have Lisa as his wife by the end of the year...it never played out sadly. Not a very good time in ATWT history...

• Members

^^ugh...yes, I remember the first rumblings of the Mike/Lily hookup. Thank God Shawn Christain left...even though it was right in the middle of the Diego investigation, and he should have been a suspect.

I'm not sure the Valletta was named the Valleta when it sunk. But yes, that's the sinking I'm referring to.

And uggghhh, don't get me started on how MANY times the Carly/$50 million trust fund quest was re-written and the terms changed. When Carly left Oakie in '96, it was just that Mike wasn't the father. When Carly returned, she had to be married to the father, and it couldn't be Mike's kid. Then the deadline was added, and the baby had to be born before Jan 1, '99. And on and on.....

Ohhh...just remembered a Y&R one...the Vicki/Neil relationship.

• Members
As far as I'm aware, Olivia still considers it a rape. The show has never shown her saying it wasn't rape. They also have not made her out to have "deserved" what happened. What the show HAS shown is more of what happened before the rape, and the show has also shown Olivia forgiving Jeffrey. That doesn't mean it wasn't rape.

Archived