DAYS: Predict Corday's next lie!

• Members

In "Soap Opera Digest," Ken Corday made many promises to fans. He begged us to believe him, and he promised that he wasn't just giving us lip service -- these promises were 'the real deal.' Of course, Corday has lied dozens and dozens (and dozens!) of times before, but something about this interview made everyone think that finally, after all these years, he was sincere. Cut to...

LIE #1: Ken Corday promised that with a swollen/bloated cast, he wouldn't bring back any characters from over fifteen years ago.

Two weeks later, we're being re-introduced to Adrienne and we learn that another 80's star is on her way back to Salem -- both characters that haven't been seen in Salem for more than twenty years (a whole five years more than the 15-year limit!).

I'm not altogether unhappy about the returns, but it does prove that Corday lied in his interview, regardless -- and if he lied about that, what other things do you think he lied about?

As time goes on, I fully expect choices to be made behind-the-scenes at Days that completely go against everything Ken Corday promised in the magazines. By the time everything is said and done, I predict that the entire interview will turn out to have been one gigantic lie.

So, knowing Corday like we all do, what do you think will prove to be the next lie? Major storyline for John/Marlena and Bo/Hope? Major storyline for Doug and Julie? Finally diving into the secrets behind the Brady/DiMera feud? Going back to "the show we know and love?" Which of these things will prove to be false next?

Lie #2 = ?

Lie #3 = ?

Lie #4 = ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My prediction is that the "major facetime for Doug and Julie" promise will turn out to be the next lie.

From what I've heard, Bill Hayes (Doug) and Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie) were only told to clear their calendars for 'a few days' in June to tape a couple of episodes. Three, four, five, even six episodes -- none of those are what I call "major facetime" for the summer. And because of that, I predict that they'll actually receive only the same amount of airtime they've ever received during their guest appearances over the years, and fans will turn out to be as disappointed as ever. Lie #2 from Ken Corday!

• Members

John and marlena reunion.I am waiting for him to say how emotional it will be and how he cried because of it.

but everything corday says are lies.then when he's confronted about it he gives some really really lame cover up that no one believes.he should really just stop giving interviews.

• Members

Exactly. As long as the show gets good and ratings go up, who cares?

Kenny...that is all Bill and Susan know at the moment of publication. They even admitted in said article that they know no more then that so it could very well be more. Frankly, the Doug and Julie comeback was so random and out of the blue that it has to be for something big. I think some have an idea what it is but I really don't want to mention it.

We'll see. I would like to think we won't repeat this same cycle again but knowing Corday things will get better like always for the summer and Fall and go back downhill in the winter.

• Members

Oh God, I'll never forget him saying that he "cried" when he read the reunion of Jack and Jennifer. What a liar! I'd be shocked if he even read it, because there was NOTHING TO IT. Jennifer turns around, sees Jack, gives him a hug, and then she rushes out to get forks to eat their cake. Woooow. I cried of disappointment, LoL

• Members

Hated the reunion(not to mention they had so many fantasy reunions,inc. the faux one that is was an overkill).and hated how Jennifer went to get the forks and ran into hope who made the conversation all about herself.

also hated that it was all about Abby.why not have J/J reunite alone first,on the hospital roof,then go to abby? and they even changed abby's birthday for it.just stupid all around.

• Members

So what? Corday's the one who sanctions casting decisions. I know many on here are happy about Leann returning but the fact remains, she's another unfamiliar face from the past for today's audience to digest. And her return flatly contradicts his promises in SOD. With all due respect to Thaao, Corday should have put his foot down.

• Members

I agree. The John & Marlena reunion was fantastic as soon as the two actors were in the same room (it went from absolute crap 2 mins earlier, to brilliant as soon as John walked in to find his cane). Watching him walk in, see Marlena and she feels his prescence, turns around. It was a magical moment. And then the slo-mo run towards each other and the hug, the kiss. It was absolutely beautiful to me. No words spoken, just letting their chemistry take center stage.

Jack and Jennifer's reunion was lovely. But there was one reason for that and that was Matt and Missy. I'd watch them read a phonebook because they just have chemistry.

• Members

*Just a reminder - Casting NEWS are SPOILERS - please keep them in the SPOILER Threads on this board*

Not everyone who comes to this board are spoiler ho's like some of us. They enjoy the element of surprise and want to stay Spoiler FREE. Please keep the spoiler talk to the spoiler section.

Thanks.

• Members

Are you a frack'n idiot? What about stop posting casting spoilers in the non spoilers section do you not understand? Until this this thread I was no aware of one of the returns that you keep bringing up and I want to remain spoiler free.

So pissed.

Archived