DAYS- Ali Sweeney to host special on SoapNet

• Members

Lots! Sami lied and said that Lucas hit Will because she was being a mother and "protecting Will from Lucas' alcoholism." That lie was the reason Austin dumped her at their 2002 wedding, and symbolic of the gazillion custody battles between Lucas/Sami.

So, SoapNet is running the episode where Will was conceived; an episode about Lucas/Sami fighting over Will; and an episode about about Sami and Lucas finally being of the same mindset about Will.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am ok with the 1995 and 2002 ones but why that 2006 ones? There are many more they could've picked. I like that this is a Sami marathon and I think it's all about hyping LUMI's wedding, which should be taking place around this time. Plus, Ali is probably the most well-known face of Days other then Deidre so this makes sense. I also wonder if this is Frons's way of gauging interest in Days. If Days ever was to come to ABC, I can see him pimping the hell out of Ali.

Anyway, looking forward to the 1995 one. I have to tape that and the 2002 one is a goodie. They really need to have more Days classic episodes.

• Members

I know! They completely ignored her 30 year anniversary. Melody Thomas Scott got some huge reception for her 25th anniversary with Y&R and she's no Deidre. There was NO mention in the public of DH's 30th anniversary with the show. None. That's just low.

They should have done a week in July. Show the three big weddings. Don & Marlena, Roman & Marlena, John & Marlena (1986), the births and DJ's death. CLASSIC.

Then why can't they do a Marlena marathon? 30 years of loyalty to a show in trouble gets you... nada.

• Members

I'm VERY excited about the 1995 episode which I will definitely be recording onto my DVD collection, and I guess I'm satisfied with the 2002 episode, but 2006? Come on, there was plenty more they could have chosen from. They've already shown the 1997 wedding in another marathon, so I'm not surprised we're not seeing it again, but how about the episode where Lucas and Sami get in a helicopter crash while fighting over custody of Will in 1998? Or something from when Mary kidnapped Will in 1996? Those would have both been great choices, IMO.

• Members

I used to have everything from the late 80's-through now but my early collection got damaged when I moved so now I only have 1997-now. It sucks because I would love to have JER's first run. Days needs to have some DVD box sets or something. That may help economically with the show too.

• Members

Dayumn, I'd love to see everything 1994-1996. I myself have every summer 1997 episode on tape (late June to late August), in hopes that it'd be as good as the summer before (honestly though, I'd rather see "Lady In A Cage" before "Holy Matrimony", but that's just me).

• Members

Another episode they could have thrown in this marathon instead of the 2006 one is Sami revealing she was pregnant with Will at Austin and Carrie's 1995 wedding. That would have been an excellent choice for this marathon.

• Members

...and just incase I haven't expressed it enough, I'M SO STOKED ABOUT THE 1995 EPISODE!

Marlena in the early stages of her possession, Sami in her younger days... and VIVIAN ALAMAIN! I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Archived