DAYS- Ali Sweeney to host special on SoapNet

• Members

Tune in Saturday, May 12th, and watch SOAPnet’s tribute to motherhood. Well, how motherhood is on soaps, that is. A marathon will features episodes centering around the not-so-typical working mom Sami Brady and will be hosted by Sami’s portrayer, Alison Sweeney. All the fun, titled “You’ve Got A Mother Thing Coming,” takes place from 9 a.m. to noon on May 12th.

The featured episodes include:

9 a.m.: Lucas comes to Sami's rescue, and the two end up sleeping together. (Episode # 1995-7462, original airdate 2/1/95).

10 a.m.: As she prepares to marry Austin, Sami fights with Lucas. Austin overhears them and learns the truth about Sami. (Episode #2002-9273, original airdate 3/29/02).

11 a.m.: Thinking that Will's been kidnapped, Sami and Lucas go on live TV to plead for his return. (Episode # 2006-10408, original airdate 9/26/06).

So whether you’ve never watched “Days” before or make it appointment TV, Sweeney will appear between each episode to give you a quick course on the life of Sami Brady, fiance Lucas (Bryan Dattilo) and son Will (Christopher Gerse). She’ll also share what it’s like to be a working mom and actress both on- and off-screen.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/2007/04/sa...-course-in.html

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the 95 one is the episode when Will was conceived so that's quite a significant one. I'm also glad they picked one from the Vegas wedding because those were awesome scenes.

Not sure about the 2006 one, though. It's disappointing when SoapNet picks a recent ep. when they have such huge archives to choose from.

• Members

I would have loved that too! The '96 Confrontation with Nurse Lynn, Jamie, and Kate still goes down, IMO, as the best. Second runner up is the Vegas Wedding.

Hey, can anyone tell me whether or not MarDevil is in the 2/1/95 episode? If so, DEFINITELY count on me taping this one!

• Members

I can see why they chose the three episodes they did.

1995 - That was the night Will was concieved. The beginning of Sami's motherhood.

2002 - Sami was about to make her dreams of nearly 10 years come true by marrying Austin. She thought this would be the perfect family for Will with Austin as his father figure. Only problem was Lucas, Will's real father, who pretended to want to extend an olive branch with Sami for Will's sake. She was wrong!

2006 - Sami and Lucas are worried parents, thinking their son has been kidnapped. He shows up towards the end of the episode.

I would have chosen three different episodes completely though. I would have chose the episode where Sami crashes Austin and Carrie's wedding, announcing that she is pregnant with Austin's child. I would have also chosen the episode when the truth about Will's paternity came out at Austin and Sami's '97 wedding where the "punch heard around the world" occured. And for my last episode I would pick the episode that SoapNet picked where Will returns after Sami thought he was kidnapped.

• Members

OMG! So excited for the 1995 episode!

I already have the episode from 2002 on tape (what does it have to do with motherhood, anyway?), and the last episode is way too recent to care about, LoL. But the 1995 episode... omgsoexcited!

• Members

Here is the summary for the 95 episode (from Beth's DAYS page):

Wednesday 8 February 1995:

Lucas rescues Sami from the Cheatin' Heart and takes her back to Titian. He tells her about the tape and she's touched that he cares about her. They kiss and then make love. Carrie leaves a note on her door for Billie and Gina, saying that she'll be at Titian, but gets a call from John to go to the hospital as Marlena has had a bad turn. Austin decides he needs to talk to Carrie and sees her note, so he heads off to Titian. He finds Sami and Lucas together and thinks its Carrie making love to Lucas. He is devastated. Lucas rushes out and Sami realises that Austin thinks she was Carrie. Marlena comes to and is feeling much better. Mike is amazed at her recovery. Vivian goes into labour.

• Members

Ooh, so the episode features Lucas, Sami, Carrie, Austin, Marlena, Mike, Vivian... and likely it'll also feature Billie, Hope (who at the time thought she was 'Gina'), and Kate, based on other happenings.

I hope we get to see Kristen running around like a lunatic shouting "SHE'S POSSESSED, I TELLS YA! POSSESSED!"

• Members

Why didn't they give a "Mother's Day" marathon to Marlena, who has a litter? Or better yet... Kate?

Sami should've gotten a regular "Classic Sami" marathon, in which her lies are exposed in a series of classic episodes. In the first episode, we could have the original SLAP... then the wedding PUNCH... then the 2002 Vegas "Disaster Wedding"... then the 2005 "Stan" Wedding...

Archived