ATWT: Friday Discussion

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did anyone else not hear the dialogue in the day-ahead-previews for Monday? I could hear the background music, but you couldn't hear anyone speaking. :unsure:

Finally! Jack and Katie kiss! I'm so glad I got to catch that. I'm such a Jack/Katie fan. Carly's going to flip when she returns to town. It's her own damn fault though.

• Members

I couldn't hear the dialogue either. I thought it was me because I have a head cold.Did Craig tell Meg he wanted her in bed?

I can't wait for Carly to come back and there be an explosion between those three.

The one thing I liked about Gwen and Will was her jealousy of Alison.

I loved it when Susan buttoned up Ali's blouse,LOL!

Loved the line where Ali asked Emily if she had had sex in this century. When she finds out what Emily has been doing it is going to hit the fan.

Cleo and Jade:Yuck!

• Members

Gwen's lookalike is named Cleo, she just showed up like a week ago, and is already on our screen's everyday, as for the reason why they are ripping someone off, I would guess so they can give Emmy award winner Jen Landon more screen time, even though she already pretty much runs the show already.

• Members

Lol you really think a diva like Carly is going to give a flip about Katie and Jack? Shes in love with Simon and unless the writers break that pairing up (which I won't deny is possible) I just don't see her caring about Kack. IF anything she'll be pissed off that Katie is even going to be within an inch of Parker, JJ, and Sage. I'm loving the kids who play Parker and JJ. ATWT needs to keep them as LONG as possible.

I love Jen Landon so I honestly don't care how long shes on the air. The storyline however is a different story.

Jade is awesome but she makes some dumb decisions.

Right now the stories and characters I care about deeply are Vienna, Brad/Katie/Jack, Lucinda/Craig/Paul/Meg, and Lily/Holden/Faith. The others are just filler for me. Sometimes interesting. Other times snooze. I'm just glad we didn't have to heard Gwen shriek this week. That promo from the week that Adam was haunting her was ridiculously over the top.

Is there anywhere I can watch todays episode again on the internet!? Please let me know! I'm desperate for anything.

• Members

I agree with you, while I still love her, I have had it with seeing her, this is called As The World Turns not As Jen Landon's world turns, but watching any given show, you really could not come to the conclusion that it is As The World Turns. I see no reason on earth why we needed a twin storyline right now, Gwen needed to be cycled out for a while after a huge storyline not be given two storylines at the same time right after the big storyline. JP must be in love with Jen or something, I've got it maybe JP is thinking that by giving an actor named Jen so much airtime she is making up for killing off the other screen hug Jen Munson. But whatever it is I am sick of it, and as always I am almost giving up on this show, but I know good things are coming soon hopefully so I will stick in here.

• Members

I'm sick of her too. I'm on the fence already with the Gwen character, now she's playing another character that is actually bloody annoying, not just borderline annoying, like Gwen. I will not watch any Cleo scenes. I can't stand her. Good move, ATWT. :rolleyes:

• Members
But why get mad at Jen Landon. Shes just a young actress trying to make her way in the world. Its not like shes demanding all this airtime or something. At least I don't think she is. Shes just doing whats requested of her by the TPTB. I refuse to get mad at the girl for being a little overexposed (in your eyes) just because she worked her butt off and got a presitigous award as a result. Last but not least whether we like to admit or not there are probably a large chunk of viewers who would stop watching if she wasn't on or heavily featured on the show anymore. Then ATWT would be in even bigger trouble.

• Members

I can't wait for Carly to return either. Hopefully she and Vienna can become great friends and take turns bashing Katie's face in. :)

There are no words for the contrived horseshit that are Kaaaack. Oh...I guess there's one...unremarkable. I just wanted to scream STFU!! as Katie whined about whether or not there was another great love in her life. What makes her think she deserves another one??????

I didn't find Gwen as annoying today. I guess hearing her being b!tchy about Alison's return was a little more human than her saintly whining she's done for the last forever.

I liked Vienna...*gulp* even Brad seemed human today.

Loved Ali/Em/Susan.

Monday's the NEW opening!!! Yeah!! Previews...Craig asking Meg if it (Paul's vision of Johnny?) was true, Ali trying to score some drugs, something Gwen/Will (don't care) and Brad interrupting the Kaaaack kiss.

• Members

I don't think any of us, well maybe a few are mad at Jen Landon personally, I love her myself I am just sick of seeing her being in so many storylines, I only say Jen Landon's World Turns because she is now playing two roles, both of which are taking up pretty much the whole hour, in now way am I insulting the actress or blaming her, this is all the head writers doing IMO. As for my comment about the Emmy I only say that because JP seems to even be in more Gwen/Cleo overdrive since she won it, again not Jen Landon's fault that she won, she deserved to win the Emmy, but I don't feel that meant that she needed to be the focus of the show.

• Members

I'm not "mad" at Jennifer Landon. I'm sick of her. That's not the same thing. I don't care if she has an award or 10 awards or no awards. It's ATWT that I'm angry with. They're making me suffer through boring Gwen and annoying Cleo...

I seriously doubt a "large chunk of viewers would stop watching if she wasn't on or heavily featured on the show anymore". People want good story - and Jennifer is not part of a good storyline.

These days I'm tuning in for Vienna/Henry (I can't believe I just typed that) and to see Scott Bryce as Craig, as well as Lucinda.

Archived