Brooke Kerr in new Alan Ball pilot 'True Blood' for HBO

• Members

The Hollywood Reporter

Moyer, HBO make 'Blood' pact

By Nellie Andreeva

April 9, 2007

Stephen Moyer has landed the male lead opposite Anna Paquin in "True Blood," Alan Ball's drama pilot for HBO.

Brook Kerr also has been cast in the project, which Ball wrote and is set to direct and executive produce.

Based on the "Southern Vampire" book series by Charlaine Harris, "True Blood" takes place in a world in which vampires can buy Japanese-made synthetic blood. Their integration into a small Louisiana town causes quite a stir, and a love story ensues between Bull Comton (Moyer), a vampire, and Sookie Stackhouse (Paquin), an innocent waitress who can read people's minds.

Kerr will play a beautiful, smart, articulate young woman who takes a job in the bar with Sookie.

This pilot season, English-born Moyer was cast as the lead in Fox's drama pilot "Company Man." The role was recast after the character was taken in a different direction.

Moyer, who recently wrapped the USA miniseries "Starter Wife," is repped by Peter, Fraser and Dunlop in London and Roklin Management in Los Angeles.

Kerr ("Passions") is repped by Innovative Artists and Berneman Management

Find this article at:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f76f1d49f7d5785

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mason is right. The more days that go by, the less likely it gets. I want it to live on because it is improving but I am being realistic and I don't want to get my hopes up.

The other problem is, if the show does continue, the longer it takes to make a deal with another network or outlet happen the more actors or actresses that jump ship. They want employment too and they have the luxury of being able to be paid and work while looking for new jobs. There is already word of Andrea Evans returning to OLTL and you just know that Lindsey and Emily will get picked up right away and Brook already has. By time Passions gets a deal with someone, they may have none of the big actors and actresses left and that will make moving and making Passions successful hard. You don't want to lose too many money characters and that is what will happen. The show has suffered and been bogged down by too many recasts so simply recasting won't help. Passions fans will want to see their faves if the show lives on and the longer it takes, the less likely their faves will still be on board with the show past the last airdate so it's becoming crunch time for Passions.

• Members

Sounds to me like this show will be quite a bore. A silly vampire love story with Brook's character being nothing more than a sidekick. Honestly, if I can't see these people on Passions anymore then I honestly don't care where any of them end up, as harsh as that may sound. Nevertheless, good luck to her if this show breeds life.

• Members

Well I'm still holding out just a bit longer to see what becomes of Passions. I figure we'll soon be informed of something one way or another. As for the actors all jumping ship? We'll see what happens with that too because it's not like any of them are guaranteed to land anywhere else and stranger things have happened. I think most of them would just be grateful to still have a job even if Passions came up with some new plan.

Archived