Brooke Kerr in new Alan Ball pilot 'True Blood' for HBO

• Members

Rion, who needs Whitney? She doesn't need to be recast, she can be written off! Her husband is undeniably gay so there's no place for reconciliation between them. Whit can leave town or be killed off and Chad can go on having a "gay ol' time" with Vincent or some hot new man! Whitney doesn't make or break anything!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see this show having a very healthy run. There's definitely an audience for this show. It has the Alan Ball/American Beauty/Six Feet Under fans, as well as the vampire aficionados, who are pretty rabid, no pun intended. Not to mention the HBO loyalists who pretty much make every show a hit anyway!

It sounds like it could be similar to Carnivale, only better, I hope!

• Members

I agree, Vang. I mean, I like Whit, but the show does NOT revolve around her. And if Theresa doesn't stay with the spinoff, there's really no reason for Whitney! Not to discredit Brook's performances (she can hold her own and well), but Whitney is just NOT a watercooler character, nor will she EVER be, in my opinion. Plus there's the Chad is gay storyline, which means the only thing in soap land that saved her other than having a family -- a love interest that's part of a couple -- is gone.

Whit is DONE.

Archived