Ryan's Hope

• Members

I know I've done this before (EON, SFT) but I'm CONSIDERING doing a Ryan's Hope continuation, picking up in 1989 where the show ended.

I do have some questions ...

Were Lizzie and "Little" John married at the end of the series? If not were they engaged?

What was Delia's occupation at the end of the series?

Who was Faith involved with that could of been Grace's father?

Who the hell was Matthew Strand, what was his occupation and what was his purpose?

Were Roger and Delia together at the end of the series? Married? If not, was he married to Maggie or were they married then divorced?

Were Frank and Jillian married at the end? If not were they engaged?

How was Joe written out in 1988?

How was Rick Hyde written out in 1987?

Who was Robert and what were his ties to Delia?

I know Frank and Jillian were lawyers but were they still JUST lawyers when the show ended?

I think that's it ... if I have anymore I'll ask them.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What was Delia's occupation at the end of the series?

I believe she ran an art gallery, Dejavu.

Who was Faith involved with that could of been Grace's father?

Pat Ryan was set to be Grace's daughter. Faith and Pat were together in 1983/1984 right before she left town and when she returned wtih Grace, she was the age that their daughter would have been.

Who the hell was Matthew Strand, what was his occupation and what was his purpose?

I assume that he was the third wheel in the Leigh and Jack storyline and it sounded like he was involved in the newspaper business.

Were Roger and Delia together at the end of the series? Married? If not, was he married to Maggie or were they married then divorced?

Roger and Delia had just remarried in January 1989. Maggie and Roger were already divorced by this point.

Were Frank and Jillian married at the end? If not were they engaged?

Frank and Jill were married and Jill was living in Australia the final year of the series. They had a daughter Mary in 1988.

How was Joe written out in 1988?

Joe died in a bomb blast saving Siobhan. This blast also killed Max Dubjak, Siobhan's other mobster husband.

How was Rick Hyde written out in 1987?

I know Grant Show was asked to return for the finale, but he declined.

Who was Robert and what were his ties to Delia?

Robert and Delia were lovers. Robert was the son of Sherry and Richard Rowan. Richard was a politician who was murdered in 1988 by his lover Emily Hall. Emily was Jack's girlfriend at the time; she was seeing both Jack and Richard at the same time.

Oh and what happened to Seneca?

Seneca left in the mid-1980s and returned to perform surgery on Roger in December 1988. He was romancing Sherry Rowan when the series ended. Sherry was played by Diana van der Vlis, who had played Seneca's first wife Nell when the series premiered.

Sean is the member who maintains the great "Ryan's Hope" website.

I was toying around with the idea of doing a "Ryan's Hope" fan fiction set in the present day, but it is the lack of information in those final year (1984-1989), as well as a lack of time, that kept me from preceeding with it.

• Members

Well, lord, if I can scrape together enough info to come up with a 'Love of Life' fanfic (and it's not like there's a wealth of info out there about the last few years of *that* series) than SURELY you can come up with enough to pull out one for RH. :lol:

• Members

I felt I had enough for the older set and for the new generation, but there was a huge gap in terms of where the story was falling. It was either all being played by a 50/60 age range or the 20 age range. The 30/40 age is what I needed to work on which I why I ultimately stopped working on it. I think the only characters I had in there at that age were John Reid, Lizzie and Maggie.

• Members

Lizzie and John were married in 1988. As the series was coming to an end, they had just bought their own little run-down apartment and moving into it with their son Owen.

Like dc11786 mentioned, Delia ran Dejavu, which was both a fashion boutique and an art gallery.

After Leigh Kirkland left New York in 1985, she moved to San Francisco, which is where she met Matthew Strand. The two were at one time engaged, but by the time she removed in February 1988 their engagement had been broken. Matthew followed Leigh to New York, and he pretty much proved to be a thorn in Jack's side. I think he was involved in the newspaper business.

Roger and Maggie divorced sometime during 1988 [she left in January 1988 to take care of her ill mother in Australia]; apparently, Maggie met a sheepherder named Derek and the two ran off together. Delia was involved with Robert Rowan, but Roger eventually convinced her to marry him. The two were married during the show's last week on the air.

IIRC, Joe and Max died in separate incidents. Max, who was by that point insane, broke into their apartment and started reciting lines from "Send in the Clowns." Joe managed to shoot and kill him. Later on, Siobhan was fiddling around with a mysterious music box (which also played "Send in the Clowns"), and Joe realized Max had done something to the music box. Joe grabbed the music box away from Siobhan just as it exploded, and he ended up dying a few minutes later.

After Rick and Ryan were married in 1986, Rick began to have problems with Ryan's career. He pretty much wanted her to stay at home and pop out babies. She wanted to become a journalist and was working with the school newspaper. She did get pregnant, but she had a miscarriage after being roughed up while covering a story. Rick blamed her for the loss of the baby and left her in September 1987. He moved to San Francisco.

In addition to what dc11786 said, Robert was also a music company executive who was working with Zena Brown. He was a creep. After his relationship with Delia fizzled, he assaulted Nancy Don; after that, he himself was attacked with a crowbar and went into a coma. A lot of people suspected Roger of doing it (and that's what Robert told the police), but eventually a witness cleared Roger of the crime.

Frank I believe was a district attorney. Jill was still a lawyer, but she wasn't practicing during the last year of the show while she was in Australia taking care of her mother.

Seneca just disappeared around June 1985. He had been backburnered since the end of the Kirkland era, and during his last few months on the show he was reduced to appearing once or twice a month. When he returned in December 1988, it was explained that he had moved to Montreal. Roger asked him to come to Riverside to operate on Robert Rowan.

I've been meaning to update the site for ages. I was working on year-by-year summaries and character profiles (such as these examples I made for Dakota Smith, Mary Ryan, Jack Fenelli, Jacqueline Dubujak, Katie Thompson, and tons of other characters), but I haven't been able to work on it for quite some time.

Archived