Days: A Plea for Balance

• Members

The good news is, Corday's recent interview in SOD makes it clear that Bo & Hope are finally coming back on canvas and John is FINALLY going to wake up. J&M and B&H will be back on the front burner. The bad news is, the interview also makes it clear that Corday thinks of the show in terms of either/or. It's a zero-sum game for him. We can have S&K or we can have B&H/J&M. What possible sense does that make? B&H/J&M didn't need to be backburnered all these months that S&K finally had a storyline, and S&K don't need to disappear from screen so that Bo & Hope/ John & Marlena can return. They're not matter and anti-matter.

We don't need a show where we get ONLY Bo & Hope or ONLY J&M or ONLY S&K. We need a show with BALANCE. If Corday wants to save Days of our Lives, he has to stop excluding fanbases and start creating a show where the major couples/characters are integrated into a balanced canvas, where couples have their own storylines that still intersect with others enough to keep things interesting.

• Peter, Stephen and Drake have phenomenal chemistry together. USE IT.

• Peter, Kristian, Stephen and Mary Beth have incredible chemistry no matter how you pair any of them off. USE IT.

• Bo, Hope, John, Marlena, Steve and Kayla have a rich and intricate history that intersects at some pretty fascinating places. USE IT.

• At one point in the show's history, Marlena, Roman, Hope and Steve were all held captive by Stefano at the same time -- for two years. Hope and Steve were held captive for another three years at the same time. USE THAT.
There's no reason that Corday and the writers can't find ways to give solidy storylines to Bo & Hope, John & Marlena, Steve & Kayla, Lumi and Chick. They don't all have to be frontburner at the same time but they don't have to disappear from the screen either.

If you agree, please post your message(s) to Corday and/or Sheffer here. After a week or so, I'll print them out and mail them in.

And please consider adding the one of these "Balance" banners to your sig line.

balancebanner1.jpg

balancebanner2.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GBB, you should be the EP at Days, because that is so where Corday's brain needs to be. If he thinks that Steve and Kayla can't add something to this show, they're sadly mistaken. Steve's friendships with Bo and John and Hope, Kayla is a DOCTOR now, that DiMera history. This all could have fallen into place wonderfully and explosively, and Corday is the reason that it hasn't.

• Members

Count me in. I so want to see the balance back. Steve and Kayla need to be working with Bo and Hope and John and Marlena to get to the real truth. I want to see more interaction with Lumi involved with more of their families - they have been too isolated for too long. Get with the program Corday!

• Members

Hopefully, Corday can come up with some cash because Hogie needs the opportunity to give the audience the stories (with the vets) we have longed to see.

Corday allowed Hogie to make promises he knew Hogie could not keep. Hogie has nothing to work with, and I personally don't watch because I don't care to see the people currently eating up the airtime. It's all about the money!

ANDREA

• Members

If the show had the balance, the ratings would go up. Bring us what we want, simple as that. It doesn't matter if our favorite couples are together or not, at least they are on our screen. (Comas don't count)

• Members

I'm using it here, sony and NBC board. I hope people will use them all over.

I also have an idea for a "Balance" campaign that we could all join in on, if anyone's interested...

Archived