SOW: Bloodbath at GL

• Members

I mean, it would just make more sense to me. I realize that some are more gifted in scriptwork and some are more gifted in breakdowns, but a great Head-Writer knows how to do everyone's job.

Shows(especially half-hour shows) shouldn't have that many writers on the staff.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When KZ left in 1990 the show had enough numbers to coast. If KZ leaves now, she very well could take a huge chunk of viewers with her.

And I'm not so sure I'd want Donna as headwriter. I didn't really care for some of her AW stuff, but that's just me. I know a lot of people love her work.

• Members

See this is why I wish that GL would take a hint from ATWT and credit each day's script writers because now, we have no idea whether or not these were good or bad writers. The only one I'm kinda sad about is Koechl, who has been with the show for years.

What I'm most sad about is that all these writers are gone and not one of them is DK. Sigh. When will they learn that this man is NOT a good writer.

• Members

It shouldn't take too much effort differentiating now. Unless GL is going to have breakdown writers pen scripts as well, GL now only has two script writers: Tita Bell and Kimberly Hamilton.

• Administrator

Some of the breakdown writer are now going to be writing scripts also.

I always felt that if you write the breakdown, you should also write the script. I never understood having a breakdown writer's material being shipped to a script writer. Why can't one person do both? It would certainly make the entire script a lot tighter.

• Members

I completely agree here and I still can't understand why she wasn't promoted when Ellen Weston was let go. Maybe she doesn't want the job? In any event, selfishly, I don't want them to promote her at GL anymore: I'd LOVE it if they moved her to ATWT instead.

Archived