DAYS: Duck Downgraded...Franc Ross not on contract

• Members

I agree Drew.

I feel like I am watching people again. The characters are relatable and I feel more connected to them.

The balance is off and so is the pace and that drags the stories down. There is nothing wrong with the stories. Once things pick up again and once whatever needs to be adjusted is, things will take off. Just like they did in November-mid January when everything settled down. Shows need to adjust to change and there was a change in mid-January. Once that happens, it will be great.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is just like what Phoenix said - you watch out of loyalty and out of hope that things are going to get better. I watched AMC for a whole year hoping for that. When it didn't get better I quit watching - never looked back in FEb of last year. My daughter lured me back in this past December when she quit watching Days for AMC. But the show has gotten so bad again in the last few weeks that I quit watching it again and haven't turned back.

I have still been in that year process with Days. When I quit watching when I was upset about Stefano there wasn't a day that went by that I couldn't cut the show on - that is still how attached I was to the show. Quitting watching a show that I have been watching for over 30 years is not an easy thing. These people are like family members to me, and because I love the show so much that is why I expect so much from it.

And I am sorry but the show is bad right now. And when i see something as it is I am going to say it. I am not going to make excuses for it. Some things there are excuses for, but bad writing esp. with a 4 time Emmy winning writer is not something that can be done. See my answer to Drew about certain things.

I am glad that some of you are able to enjoy the show. Right now it is a definite minority on the boards (all of them) that are fully enjoying the show. There is a good number who are enjoying parts, but I don't remember so many long time fans quitting Days in such a long time. Just look at the ones on this board alone who are complaining. Look at the daily discussions - how much they have gone down in a short time.

You guys act like I love being able to complain about this show but I don't. It is hard to watch a show you have watched off and on for 30 years (I started in 1970 - my first memories - and only quit for 3 years during the Langan mess) and not find hardly anything enjoyable about it. To not find characters any longer that you connect with. Even the Sami that I loved is gone. I wanted Sami to mature but not to become a dish rag. I didn't know when Hogan said he was going to give the men their balls back that he meant he was going to take away Sami's. That girl should never be allowed to become someone's punching bag.

Even the last few weeks when I was disgusted with the show, when it was time for it to come on I couldn't resist watching - hoping for something better. When the time came today I had no desire to cut it on. It was just like when I had no desire to cut on AMC last year. So Phoenix maybe it is gloom and doom to you, but just like GL ended for many GL fans in 2005 and they state so for me Days has ended for me this year. nuDays is still there but the Days I knew and loved is gone.

• Members

And that's all I'm saying. If your Days is gone, I can't understand why there are posts that have not said one good thing about the show since Hogan took over. I could care less about anyone psoting anything negative about a show. That's your right. But for what seems like every post being negative and you're still tuning in, even though it has been bad since Hogan has taken over, just trips me out.

But, thanks for for answering, Steve. We'll just agree to disagree, and go our ways. :)

• Members

Okay, first off this is a very good thing!

As for these big rants going on, GO PHOENIX, ROMAN, AND DREW! I agree with every word you have said.

Okay, I have respect for you all and you are my freinds and I'm not trying to start an arguement but there is no way Days is as bad as it was with the second round of JER and Highly. Some people have said it is worse, because vets are backburned? I love the vets but I would rather see them backburned than what JER did to them. JER ignored Days history and demolished the characters.

Most notably Tony was destroyed. So would you al have rather him be destroyed or backburned? Character destruction is much much worse than being backburned.

Then there was that dreaful Alex North storyline. That flat out ignored all of Marlena's history and nearly destroyed her for me. We've seen Sam Evans her twin in Salem, we've seen Trista Evans her cousin in Salem, and though breif we have even seen her parents! None of them ever bothered to tell her "Oh, by the way Marlena, you have a long lost husband out there and you have amnesia." I even remember Alex saying something like "Your father sang at our wedding." So they obviously knew about Alex.

Hogan has given the character's life. He has gave nods to history. The vets also aired until mid-Janurary when something happen. Like others have said Hogan doesn't have any control over the budget or whatever. He just writes the show. He cannot be blamed for whatever is going on with the vets. If they can't be payed to work then Hogan has no choice but to not show them and since there are so many vets who can he show? The people who can get payed like MBE, SN, AS, BD, JS,BB, MM, JKJ, and the others. Someone has to get shown!

Corday is the EP. Not Hogan. Alot of this falls on Corday.

Hogan is certainly not perfect. I have many problems with him. But with the budget he can't be blamed.

Archived