ATWT: Friday, March 9

• Members

I didn't see anyone post an ATWT thread today, so I did.

I must say that while Jennifer Landon may take up a tremendous amount of airtime, I can't help but be drawn into this storyline. Jean may be a hack writer, but the suspense was there when Gwen walked back into the house and saw the mud prints. I can't even remember the last time I saw anything that suspenseful on the soaps. I felt like I was watching an actual horror movie. Great job with today's show!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I may hate this storyline with a passion, but today's show was the best thing in soaps in the last 6 months, I agree with Drew the suspense was everywhere, I really enjoyed it, I wonder who was doing the camera work and the directing today, because they were great at it.

• Members

Hated it. Boring, repetitive, nonsensical. Thanks for telling me she was staring at muddy footprints, because I couldn't see it, like most of the rest of the episode.

SW, Levinson; Direction, Goutman.

• Members

I loved every bit of it and I agree with Drew about the darkness. It added to the eeriness. Landon was wonderful and just added to her Emmy reel for next year.

I hate when any performer gets so much airtime but the only thing that helps when some get it is they can act and handle it. The only thing that makes someone getting a lot of airtime worse is when they can't act their way out of a speeding ticket.

Landon is wonderful and proves it all the time.

• Members

I don't even watch this show, had no idea what the storyline was about, but I was riveted to it today and only clicked to OLTL during the commercials.

Had I not seen the promos this week during Y&R I never would have known about it. Very very well done, and in one show I have a pretty good idea of was happening. Good stand alone episode.

• Members
Are you sure about that? I saw Richard Culliton's name last in the credits. There was also mention of a "panic attack", which is a Culliton trademark.

As for what I thought of the episode, I too thought it was thrilling -- well-constructed, suspenseful, and SCARY, with nice contrast between tense scenes and safer ones like in Jade's room or when Will called, as well as more than just filler dialogue when Casey and Maddie were talking about what they had both been through the past few months.

There was a bit too much of the dizzying 360 camera stuff, but I generally liked the direction, how we were close-up, focused in on Gwen.

I love how we kept having to guess whether Gwen was seeing things or not.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say it was the best in 6 months. The best episode in 6 months was probably one of the ones when Tom was in hospital, and Bob and Lisa were there while Margo was with her boys. You'd need vets to be part of an episode for it to be "best in 6 months" in my opinion.

Sooo, I haven't read any spoilers, but it seems like from the last phone call Adam is alive after all! Soon he will reveal himself, eh? I am still very suspicious, however, about why Iris is not being brought up by Gwen as someone who might be behind the "haunting" -- and perplexed why that hasn't occurred to Gwen.

Glad to see so much deserved praise for Jen Landon when a couple days earlier, other people's messages were all about her "phoning it in".

• Members

It was Richard Culliton who wrote today's eppy. It was a good show. The best show of the week. It reminded me of last Thursday's episode with Emily getting beaten up by her companion. I suspect it will do well in the ratings next week(this eppy that is).

• Members

Why do I feel like Richard should be our HeadWriter, he does such great work, and Goutman needs to direct every show, it is very obvious where his talents are and that is directing, just fantastic editing and camera movements, it was really edge of my seat fun to watch, now if only we could get the rest of the show written this well all the time and directed this well, we might have our show back. I am also liking these single storyline eppy's that we are getting once a week, I hope we get a different character the next time they do it though, but it is very clear that these type shows are written very well and directed well. I hope we get a 3.0 out of today's show but I doubt it, but it did deserve it.

Archived