Days: Friday, March 2nd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Todays show was really good, something I havent said for 2 consecutive eppies in weeks.

What made the show for me was seeing fiesty Hope again. First, KA is probaly one of my favorite soap actresses of all time so that alone had me enjoying the show because Hope was actually being Hope. When Hope grabbed Willow after Willow had a smartass comment about spending all that money she had on crack I was just screaming inside get her Hope for not respecting that child she has growing inside of her, thats the Hope I know and love. I thought AB did a wonderful job going up against KA, and look forward to more of Hope/Willow scenes.

This Steve going crazy stuff has gotten old, but today I really enjoyed the scenes at the cop station. The writing for these scenes was great and all 3 actors did a great job. I wasn't expecting Steve to jump at Bo like that, and actually jumped a little bit. I have been hard on MBE, but the last 2 weeks she has brought it.

I FF'd most of the Belle/Shawn scenes as Belle was acting like a 15 year old. I had to rewind after seeing Brandon Beemer get half naked, other than that I thought the scenes were laughable, although the ending was nice after they made up.

Can Jed please just leave, or at the very least get a haircut.

• Members

Exactly, I would imagine they would have seen each other naked at least at some point through the years. Hell I've seen people naked who I never even dated, lol. It definitely happens, I dont see why that one comment is that upsetting really, IMO.

• Members

I concur. She regressed ten years and was acting like she was in Junior High.

Willow/Hope was good until Hope went psycho about having a dead kid. Chill it.

A good episode, made 1000x better by the fact that EJ wasn't on. :D

On a superficial note, WHY must Kayla wear such horrible clothes? They age her about 20 years. The white blazer she had on Thursday didn't do her any favors. And I'm sick of seeing her in skirts!

• Members

I thought Steve/Kayla were heartbreaking again today. Was anyone else reminded of the old "Patch" today? He was treating Kayla like he always did before they became a couple. He was always pushing her away. We all know Kayla is not going to give up on him. She will win him back!

I like the way that Days is doing romance again, at least with the young couples. It is nice to see Shawn and Belle taking it slow.

Good to see Hope today. We need her involved in Steve/Kayla's story though.

• Members

I read somewhere that Mary Beth assists wardrobe in choosing Kayla's outfits. Personally, I don't find anything wrong with them as it fits her character. Kayla is not like Sami, Billie, Willow, or the now-departed Mimi and it would be silly for her to flash a lot of cleavage or wear something more trendy. Kayla has always been conservative even back in the 80s. Of course, it would be nice to see her sporting some jeans every once in a while.

B!tchy Hope rules! Willow was a piece of crap as usual, but I couldn't help noticing the new hairstyle was so much like Mimi's. AB does look a lot better with bangs, instead of the 70s' inspired feathered hair she's been sporting for a while. But can't they get rid of the lip gloss? It's very distracting and not flattering at all.

I do not see Willow carrying this child to term, but if we do get the baby, I'd like to see Hope and Bo adopt it. I don't think Willow has the maternal skills to care for a frog, much less a child.

• Members

I am thinking that Hogan is going to surprise you. At least I hope so.

Steve and Kayla are going to survive this and come out stronger. That is what makes a supercouple different than just any other couple. They overcome tremendous odds to be together. In their first run, Steve and Kayla overcame so many obstacles and that helped the viewers to root for them and become invested in them. Unfortunately, the way their reunion was handled newer viewers did not get as much of an opportunity to do this. My guess is that Hogan is going to tell this story to help the newer viewers understand the strength of the connection and depth of the love between Steve and Kayla.

As to whether Hogan can write it - I have some trust. I probably have more trust that SN and MBE can deliver in the emotionally heavy scenes and show the connection.

• Members

wow, I disagree about the lip gloss.Everyone knows that a trashier person, such as Willow, the ex-prostitute, is more likely to wear unflattering things, such as lip gloss. It totally fits the character, and I applaud "Days" makeup department for continuing this important characteristic to further actualize Willow Starke.

• Members

I watched yesterday's episode, and I was not really liking Willow. I almost hated her, to be honest. I liked her hair and Annie's acting was ok but Willow really annoyed me for some reason. Sorry I rained on the whole Willow liking parade Drew, lol.

KA rocked and I liked Hope a little but not much. I have always hated Bope and probably always will.

I missed the BB in his underwear part unfortunately.

I LOVED S&K yesterday! MBE and SN were rocking and everything about it was so great. Too bad Steve is going to prison.... :(

• Members

HOPEFULLY we can track down something larger with greater clarity.

Usually Shrine to the Soap Hunks, an excellent resource, by the way, covers these issues. I'd say SSH has the best coverage even. Haven't checked there yet, but that's the best resource, I believe, for this kind of coverage.

Archived