GH: Alan Spoiler from TV Guide

• Members

From Michael Logan's Column:

GH: The Ghost with the most

Put away the hankies. The February 27th death of GH's Alan Quartermaine isn't quite as tragic as it seems. The beloved doc, played by Emmy winner Stuart Damon, succumbed to heart failure, but he will be back on the soap again starting March 8---as a wisecracking ghost. This is no quickie stint. Damon, a 30 year GH vet whose apparant firing had viewers and costars in an uproar, will be around for the forseeable future. "Were going to keep Alan aa very viable character," says Bob Guza. Alan will return to haunt his sister, Tracy, because she screwed with his will. When that's resolved, he'll decide to stay.

Guza admits this is tricky stuff. "GH has never had great luck with the supernatural----remember Casey, the space alien?---so we want to really ground this story," he says. "There will be no etheral, ghostly trappings. Alan will lounge around the Quartermaine mansion in a sweat suit. Only Tracy will be able to see and hear him. The comedic possibilities are very cool"

Me: I'm happy to have Stuart still around BUT UGH at ripping off Y&R with the John Abbott hauting Jack stuff with Alan and Tracy :blink:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stupid. :angry:

If they wanted to keep him and avoid fan backlash, why not just not kill him just like when they changed their mind about killing Edward?

They are totally ripping off Y&R with this. Didn't like it there and don't like here. GH and Y&R are not shows that you see these kind of things happen on it comes off as even worse. Yeah it will be funny to see his banter with Tracy but I would rather see him alive and doing it. Why are they writing more for him now that they killed him? Ugh.

• Members

:blink:

You have GOTTA be kidding me!

I'm thrilled Stuart Damon is staying with GH, apparently, but my god ... this is insane. I can buy a short-term haunting, but long-term? :huh:

You know this is because of the fan outcry that they're keeping Damon and Alan around. I bet you anything if they could, they'd undo the death of him too, but it's too late to go back.

• Members

ITA~

I definitely think that the banter between Tracy and Alan is going to be great, they're great actors, but it's still like rubbing salt in the wounds. We all know Alan will be around as a ghost for this whole *changed Will* thing, but then he'll literally just disappear

• Members

Stuart has no choice but to do this until his contract expires. What a slap in the face to have to be fired and now forced to go to work everyday for months with JFP and at a place that took all his history and threw it away.

• Members

GH just needs to admit they fecked up in a HUGE way. Years ago, under David Lewis, Edward "died" [due to Lewis' poor health...he only could handle limited appearances] and Lila heard his voice and talked to a painting of him. However, I guess he improved for a while and GH had Anna find Edward alive on some island and Lila's chats were in her head.

If they did it for Edward, they sure as hell can do it for Alan. Or pull a Dallas and make it Monica's nightmare. She can wake up at his hospital bedside and Alan could be alive. Voila.

These morons never learn. Did they really think no one would care that a beloved thirty-year vet was axed? Asses. Fire TMFIC instead.

Archived