DAYS: Tuesday, February 27

• Members

Exactly.

SN and MBE shined in this episode. This story has finally begun to move in the last week and I love it. It has a very dark and demented tone to it. Loved them today and in that scene where Kayla tries to talk Steve down and get the phone away from him. I also liked when he left. It was sad to see the looks on both faces. Kayla called for help so she isn't afraid of what will happen to her. Loved this story.

Lucas/Sami/EJ was at it's best today. Finally things are moving. Loved EJ toying with both Sami and Lucas and the way he told Sami she will take a test to find out who the father is. Everyone was on their game today. Great scenes and I loved that ending where EJ mentioned to Steve the miracle of life and we got a shot of Sami and Lucas.

PR was solid today. Nice to see Roman too. I loved the Bo/Philip scenes. Those were great. I hope we start getting Victor soon because Bo seems pissed at him too. I want to see those scenes. JKJ was very good today. I also liked the use of the naval code as a message. Writers did their homework there. I also liked Willow today. Philip's line about her knowing how to play hardball was so true.

I agree about Marlena. We should've seen her yesterday and we had better see her confront Kayla. I can see why Drake isn't on but Dee should be on here and there so we can at least see her reaction. I know she signed a one year deal last year so I wonder if this has something to do with her gurantee and they not wanting to go over it or what but it's weird how they don't use her for pivotal things like her reacting to John kidnapped. It didn't bother me much but it is kind of stupid.

Anyway, great show today. The last 7 episodes in a row have been very good. Finally things are moving.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. Before help could have arrived, John would have been cut open, kidney taken, and left to die. Kayla was his only chance to survive, and she realized that. Now that she has him stable, for the moment anyway, she is calling for an ambulance and the police.

I loved Bo throwing Philip out of Roman's office! Especially after Philip threw out that "I've never been afraid of you" line. I know he's playing his character more like high school Philip (who I loathed), but I really miss Kyle Brandt's noble, heroic, sane Philip. That was a cruel and childish way to inform Bo and Roman of Shawn/Belle/Claire's possible demise, and I'm glad Bo figured out Shawn's clue. And then Philip goes back out to the car and is outplayed--again--by Willow. Her threat to name him as the baby's father is ludicrous since he was wrapped up like a mummy at the time this baby was apparently conceived. I hate her, but she's definitely smart. I hate it when she starts this "who is going to take care of me and my baby; I don't have money for prenatal care" crap; doesn't University Hospital have a clinic? I just cannot drum up any sympathy for this girl who has never been developed enough for me to care what happens to her.

I agree that Marlena should have been shown dealing with John's kidnapping. I cannot understand why pivotal things are happening (Lexie/Tek disappearing/John's kidnapping) and we are not getting scenes with the people closest to the victiims. Just a few minutes of them reacting! These absences are so glaring and obvious that I keep feeling I've missed an episode. And why haven't we had Bo and Hope's baby named yet? They made a big deal of the Internet poll and did the cutesy Doodlebug nickname and then.....nothing! I'm trying to stay positive, but it's getting more and more obvious that something must be happening behind the scenes.

On a side note, was that Benjy carrying out the cooler with John's kidney in it?

• Members

The semaphore thing was very clever, I thought. Initially I was rolled my eyes and wondered why Shawn didn't just write "SAFE" instead of drawing little flags but then it occurred to me he wouldn't want Phillip to know they'd survived.

I'm still having trouble getting past the idea that Shawn and Belle were willing to risk Claire's life by jumping overboard rather than allow Phillip to take custody. At this point I actually think any judge in possession of all the facts might award her to Phillip. Or at a minimum take her from Shawn & Belle.

Always great to see PR. He makes any episode better, just by being in it.

• Members

I don't understand Philip. He's a young guy, with lots of money, why is he obsessing over a child that doesn't belong to him? In fact why are these young characters stuck with children? Their stories should be full of excitement and romance and instead they are burdened with children and they have no lives. I don't have any interest in watching them.

I felt kayla could have stopped what was going on. She came off very weak to me. Poor John. :(

Once again Sami is in denial :blink::huh:

• Members

He raised the child for over a year. He thinks of her as his. JER is the one that saddled the young characters with kids. The Claire story is full of excitement and romance (SHELLE).

And how could Kayla have stopped it? It was either she did it or that nutjob. She was in an impossible predicament. She called for help as soon as she was able.

• Members

I think watching all of them with a child in their lives is a good thing. Sure they're young, but we have a lot of other young couples with such storylines involving excitement and romance. For instance, the developing Nick and Chelsea, and maybe in soon time, Abby and Max.

Having a child in their life, obligates them to face more challenges. And, I find Belle and Shawn's island adventure to be more challenging and exciting than what they had going on earlier... from after their Salem High Days to marriage.

• Members

Didn't Steve also break through the brainwashing and still beg for Kayla's help?

Doubt we're even going to see Marlena find out what happened. She won't be on much remember? I would love to see her go ballistic though. Woman's been through enough hell already. Daughter on the run, husband gunned down, in a coma and chopped up...

It's sad when a supercouple on the show, staying there through thick and thin aren't even supporting players and we can't even get a damn reaction to the comatose, near-dying husband is kidnapped and chopped up.

Deidre signed a two year deal (she signs two year contracts, it just was announced VERY late this time).

• Members

I believe that Steve told Kayla that he needed her or people would die. Those people could have begun with him for all she knew, or herself or Stephanie or her parents or siblings. She didn't know what she had to do until getting to the warehouse (I may remember wrong but that is how I remember it) then she saw the hack doctor and Steve told he what he was supposed to do and John would die if he did it and that is why she had to. Kayla could have escaped or called for help then, but someone would die for her actions so she waited until after performing the surgery as best she knew how then would not take no for an answer to get an ambulance for John. They had their kidney. Oh, I'm all ehausted just going over the whole drama in my mind again. It was very intense.

If I didn' find EJ so fascinating, I'd not have watched the Sami/Lucas/EJ scenes at all. It's too hard to watch Sami self-destruct.

Who else was on today? I forgot. Oh, the cop shop and Philip and Willow. I wonder how Shawn wrote those words on the raft after they landed and just knew it would float to where it would be found and that whoever found it would recognize who sent it? A little new looking teddy bear ha and how did blood survive floating around the ocean. Ludricous, but at least we don't have to wait two years before Bo learns they are alive and get searches out for them. I think it would have been more appropriate to use a huge bonfire and marking SOS on the shore like the typical castaways would do. Maybe Belle even managed to end up with a mirror they could use to signal any passing vessels. The island can't be far from normal ship channels and it's only a day out of Australia so there are many islands near by.

• Members

Poor Kayla!

Just like in Sami's situation with EJ, she had no choice in what she did today. Sami can't be blamed for what happened with EJ, just like Kayla can't be blamed for what she did to John today.

She could either do it, or someone she loved would die.

If she didn't do it herself, the 'butcher surgeon' would've come in and done it anyway... leaving John to die, instead. At least with Kayla doing the procedure herself, she could give John more of a survival chance. She was thrown into the situation unwillingly. I can't believe that some people on other boards are actually blaming her!

Aside from that, I wish they would start featuring a few more characters in the episodes again. Salem's starting to look like a ghost town!

• Members

Different strokes for different folks. :)

I loved Johnson in his scenes with Reckell. "I always looked up to you, older brother..." EEEE! I love when they make reference to Philip and Bo being brothers. I dont' know if it's because we never hear it or it's a constant reminder that Bo's a bastard :lol:

Archived