DAYS- Steve and Kayla

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But nobody was ever promised that they would come back and it would be explained. Days doesn't follow through on most things, and they don't care if they do or not. It's not written in blood that they have to do anything the fans expect or want. They have proved over and over that the audience doesn't control the show, and they never will. That is Ken Corday's mantra.

• Members

Terpsichore, please watch your tone.

Differing opinions are welcome but the tone of your posts and the "rolling eyes" icon can be a source of great upset for many so, just as a friendly warning, be careful what you post. I would hate for things to get so heated in this thread that things get out of hand.

Nothing wrong has been done yet but nobody wants to see something start so let's just be careful.

• Members

I agree. First of all, the psychotic episodes that Steve has is not something I'd suggest Steven Nichols put on a potential Emmy reel. Secondly, seeing past episodes from 20 years prior shouldn't, nor cant, persuade one to see things differently in present-day. What we see now is what they're performing now. Seeing how they played the role 20 years ago should hold no weight today except to see if they've been consistently bad or consistently good. :lol:

• Members

No one is saying that people should look back to 20 years ago to see how they both played the role.

People are saying that looking back helps those that didn't see Steve and Kayla understand why they should be together. It just helps to understand the connection and relationship. That's all.

I think the psychosis story going on right now is fine. Many say it isn't realistic but it really is. SN has overacted a few times here and there but the majority of it has been solid. The writing for Steve and Kayla has been horribly inconsistent. No one is disputing that. However, it has gotten better with time and right now they have hit their stride.

Different strokes though, I guess.

• Members

Sure. Steve was tortured via electrodes. That is a traumatic event that warps the brain enough to put it in a vulnerable state where it can be manipulated. That is how EJ gave him commands and brainwashed him He did it after every shot of electrodes when the mind was vulnerable. EJ waved the tarot card in Steve's face during the torture as a way to make the card the symbol of Steve's torture. Therefore, everytime the card is shown all the feelings Steve experiences at the time of the torturing come back to him when seeing that card. It's almost like re-living the experience. The card was used as a trigger to awaken all the brainwashing attributed with the electrode torture. That is why all this began with Benji giving him the card. It re-awakened all those feelings in him. Since then, he has repeatedly had those outbursts and attacks. Sometimes they come out of nowhere ands sometimes they are brought on due to similar sounds in the room that he heard during the torture. Also, notice how everytime the card is held up by EJ or Steve it reflects any nearby light. That reminds Steve of the bright light in the torture chamber.

I took 3 years of psychology classes and we discussed electroshock therapy alot. That is what is happening here. It's an extreme case of psychosis caused by the electrode torture, which is why it's realistic. The use of the tarot card is somewhat campy but you will see psychiatrists use methods like that alot, most times in hypnosis, to get a patient to calm down or work through something. They use items like a tarot card to remind the patient of something. Now I don't think many, if any, psychiatrists use a tarot card but they could if they chose to for whatever purpose they may have.

• Members

You are not being lectured and you certainly aren't being singled out. It was just a friendly warning to try to avoid something ugly breaking out. Simple as that. No one is saying the icon can not be used but it should be used carefully as others could be off by it and then a fight breaks out. Same goes for the tone of a post. You did nothing wrong but your post was very close to reaching a level that could cause something to break out. It's a case of being more safe then sorry. Your opinion is differing, just like many posters in this thread and on this board. I just made the statement that everyone's opinions are welcome and that everyone respect that. I apologize if you felt offended in anyway.

Now, I don't want to waste space in the thread discussing this so if you have an issue with this, please take this up with me through PM or with another mod. I am just doing my job to prevent things from turning into a flame war.

• Members

Is there anyone else who watches Days that likes aspects of all the couples? I love Steve/Kayla, Bo/Hope, John/Marlena, Jack/Jennifer/ and now I'm beginning to love Shawn/Belle, Nick/Chelsea, and Max/Abby. I even have my Days where I enjoy Sami/Lucas although they tend to get on my nerves sometimes. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I have watched Days for 20 years, and I think each of the couples have had their ups and downs, but for the most part I have enjoyed their love stories. I have never found myself rooting for one couple over another. All of them together make it Days of our Lives to me.

Archived