DAYS- Steve and Kayla

• Members

johphil, I came back to Days for Steve and Kayla and when I first started watching in May I couldn't imagine ever caring about anyone on the show. I was appalled by how awful the writing was and the characters were all cardboard. I pretty much hated everyone *g* Things have gotten progressively better since then and now I'm actively following several storylines although S&K remain my faves.

I flove Nick & Chelsea and I adore Bo & Hope and Sami & Lucas (although Lucas makes me nuts half the time. Safer to say I love Sami). I think Phillip's a hoot and I think Willow's a fabulously written character though I can't stand the actor's portrayal of her. EJ rocks my world and I will always love John. I want him to wake up like yesterday.

While I'm here, I'll respond to the subject of the thread. No surprise that I disagree with the original poster. I couldn't be less bored by Steve and Kayla and I think the current storyline (especially the last two weeks) has shown some of the most incredible acting and writing I've seen since I came back to the show. They completely blew me away last week and this week they're doing the same. Like mlynnd I'm not going to try to talk anyone into liking them. You do or you don't, just as I have characters I don't like. But when I read words like "whiny" and "passive" about Kayla, it makes me think people are watching a different show -- especially the past two weeks. Girl is FIERCE.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Linn, you're not following your own logic, and setting up an argument that you can't sustain. If Kristian and Deidre bumped ratings for their respective returns, then wouldn't they still have the ability to effect ratings? If you concede that they don't, why is that? If the fault lies with the quality of writing, then you've created an explanation as to why Steve and Kayla haven't caused a ratings increase, and your original argument collapses. If it's simply a "bump" you're looking for, then I have to ask why you would think a short-lived increase would translate into anything more than a shrug of the shoulders by network execs. What exactly would that prove?

I'm surprised how little the bigger picture is looked at, why no one thinks, "Hey, when soaps purge over half their audience in a decade, maybe that will effect things like big name returns." You can't blame character/couple X for that, then look back and compare them to time periods where soaps actually had a substantial, built-in audience. Shows' refusal to turn inward to stop the mass exodus of viewers is the problem here, not who is featured and how often---the latter is simply a byproduct of the former.

• Members

you know, i really liked them before and on GH but i find them really boring and dull...he is way over acting just like Phillip now and she is just maintained the same....i like her evil. i could do w/o them on DAYS to save a couple bucks...Kayla and Marlena are the same character..im sure Kayla could have been the Marlena of the show if she stayed.

• Members

W-wait? A SON poster who has formed a coherent, logical rebuttal in an argument? There is only one explaination for all of this...

WITCH!! SHE'S A WITCH!!

Ban her, then burn the corpse!!

IT'S THE WORK OF THE DEVIL, I SAY!!

Archived