GL: ITL Documentary

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't watch today! I'll catch clips somewhere or something. I am in no way putting down or saying anything against it. I think it is very nice of them to do, it's wonderful, but we didn't need a whole show about it. I think Jeanne Cooper made mention about reality TV and how she doesn't watch it, I think it was her, it does not need to be on daytime. Show us clips all month instead of those "What's Your Light" but tell the stories...tell us good stories.

• Members

I still think this was lazy. They could've done the same exact thing and created an interesting, scripted episode. Why go all the way to New Orleans and not ultilize it as a location shoot? Those get good ratings and the fans love them. I bet they'll hit a record low with this.

• Members

I agree! Everyone was there...I'm sure this wasn't cheap. I mean I know that is horrible to say and I don't mean "cheap" as in helping people so no one jump on the bandwagon about that. But they took crews, actors/actress down there (airfare, hotel, equimpent) so why not tell a great story in New Orleans while there!

• Members

I'm really surprised by some of the negative things being said about today's show.

Not only did the episode highlight the continuing need for help in rebuilding the Gulf Coast, but it added another dimension to GL's anniversary celebrations - particularly the celebration of the show's original theme of the brotherhood of man.

Allowing the actor's to step out of character for one day gave them the opportunity to connect with the audience in a new and different way. GL isn't just a show, and it isn't just a group of actor's. Everyone involved in the episode part of the same "brotherhood of man" that the audience is part of.

Using the footage for a "location shoot" as part of the show's regular story might have been good too, but maybe they wanted to take a different approach? I could also see how hard it might have been to have all of the show's stories merge into trip to Biloxi (although that could have been interesting to see....).

• Members

In no way was this a waste of airtime.

This was an awesome way for the show to give back, as well as a wake up call to all of us who think we should sit here and slam the show for doing good and then slam them for airing it. Did you see the destruction?

What a way for GL to show what the hell is going on down there. I got more out of that show then I have from the news about the Gulf Coast. Which makes what Frank Dicopolous said about not knowing that things were not complete all the more real.

People need to get over the slamming of GL. This was awesome, great TV and nice to see some reality that is really...REALITY~!

• Members

This was an inspiring episode and was a nod to the foundation of Guiding Light. I was so moved by it and it made me want to volunteer in my community. It was obviously a life changing experience for the cast and crew. Some things (a lot of things) are just more important than soaps. Giving back is one of them.

I complain when a soap doesn't take a day out for the holidays or special occasions to just celebrate and be thankful and show a sense of family and community. The 2/14 episode was just that, a day off to celebrate a sense of community.

I hope for 70 more years of GL, but if for some reason that doesn't happen, I'm proud the show is celebrating the first 70 years in such a classy way. Excellent.

Archived