Beyonce and Jay-Z are having a terrible year

EricaKane70

• Members

First B gets the role of a lifetime in deena(whatever.lol), and all the attention and recognition go to J.Hud. Then she can't even get credit for a song that gets nominated for an oscar that she helped write. Jay comes back is the weakest, critics are saying his album Kingdom Come is his weakes LP to date, personally I liked the CD, but Nas's Hip Hop Is Dead is way better. His first week sales for KC were 687,000 album sold and then the next week sales were like 120,000+, thats really bad. An I'm really confused about Rocafella where are the artist besides Kanye and himself? How is he selling Rocawear without a solid Rocafella?

But there year isn't that bad both are millionaires, entrepreneurs, and still very successful. I just wish Jay would stop comparing himself to the G.O.A.T., MJ, will he stop insulting my favorite basketball player, he's no where near on Jordans level.

BTW, Does anyone hate or love Jay's new album? An tell me why?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only liked 3 to 4 tracks off of 'Kingdom Come'. My favorite is 'Anything'. As for the Roc-A-Fella label, the way I read it in XXL was Jay-Z pretty much cherry picked the artist he wanted from 'The Roc' noteably Kanye West, Memphis Bleek, Young Gunz and a couple of others and were sent packing with Dame Dash & Biggs. Have you read the whole story behind the Roc-A-Fella break up?

As for Beyonce she's never been a favorite of mine. She's overrated and takes too much credit. Roger Friedman wrote a big article on how they have writers come in to write songs for her and If they want her to buy the song she has to be the first name to appear as the main writer. Almost like how she has been taking credit for 'Irreplaceable' but Ne-Yo went on Power 106 (here in Cali) and said he wrote the song and Beyonce only contributed a couple of melodies. He even sang the song. There's audio online.

• Members

I read about that article and Ne-Yo outing her... and that was why her name was taken off the ballot for the song. She didn't write the song, she added some small parts and changed some lyrics... and was allowed to add her name as a contributor. As for Dreamgirls, J Hud is the movie... without her and her song, it wouldn't have been a good movie. The movie overall is okay, but Hudson's character made the movie for me and made it memorial.

As for Jay-Z, I gotta agree that the album is a bit weak. There's two/three songs that were good, but it's not as a great as his other albums. Those I liked right off the back. This newest one, I'm still not totally feeling.

• Members

Where can I find the article about the roc break up? Because I heard Dame's part of it on Hiphop.com, how jay just took over everything bought him out of the roc/rocawear.

As for the album I like kingdom come, prelude, beach chair, hollywood, anything, show me what you got, lost one, and minority report. There were three things I hated, 1) the comparison to jordan, 2)how he repeatedly keeps saying that he's back(we know jay.lol), and 3) Some of the tracks just had no heart and wack rhymes(aka 30 is the knew 20, that would make him 28.)

• Members

Heres dame's side of the story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQAZhb0S0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRYqUAoxfAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ffVPC4EiWk

An if your interesting in the x-Destinys child members side of the story of why they were kicked out here it is. I didn't even realize that Letoya Luckett(sp.) was the chick that got kicked out of DC, man I'm dense.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcMepDC5x8

My God Beyonce, "bad seeds," her [!@#$%^&*]iness is showing in this vid.

Archived