Beyonce and Jay-Z are having a terrible year

EricaKane70

• Members

Dame Dash's and his partners side is in the June/2005 edition of XXL Magazine with Dame and Cam'ron on the cover. They talk about Jay-Z telling them to give him the masters to his first album that they all paid to have made and he'd give them the Roc-A-Fella label (they had sold it to Def Jam months before). I guess they said no because it was a group effort and Jay took the label and the artists he wanted with him. The article made Kanye West look unloyal. Jay's response came out right before "Kingdom Come" was released. Both are good reads.

Anyone hear about Beyonce and Matthew Knowles low-balling her backup dancers these days?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Kanye said himself on an mtv interview that he did Dame wrong for siding with jay instead of him. Because Jay didn't believe in him in the beginning but Dame did, and thats why Kanye got his big break. I knew that had to be a hard decision to make, but do you wanna risk losing your sound just to switch over to another record label, he already had good working relationships with people at roc-a-fella, I mean he didn't wanna end up like 112.

Archived