Passions' Last Airdate on NBC

• Members

Thank you, Rick.

King, I don't care if it gets picked up or not (okay, that's not true, I do), but I'm not speaking out of bias when I get mad at people for saying "dream on" and all this crap. The net IS trying. that's all I'm saying. I didn't say it has a great chance or even a chance. I just want people to stop talking down to us. We GET IT. You don't like the show. Stop destroying EVERYTHING by saying the show's spinoff won't get picked up. It's a lame, dorky, pathetic, whiny, obnoxious, uncalled for, immature thing to do. (That's to no one in particular; just the ones who can't LET IT GO to stop bashing this show's chance of being picked up -- just for the sake of it. )

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Passions isn't on NBC and helping maintain some kind of a daytime lineup beneficial to Days, I couldn't care less what happens. It could live on through the internet... but if it's not doing me or my show any good, kill it. Or let it live on. Either way, I don't care. I would prefer it stay on NBC, but since it's not... whatever. Let it die.

• Members

Thanks, Rick.

I already had seen that post, but there you have it folks!

Nothing's certain, I know, but there you have it. For some reason, they're trying. I always knew NBC loved the show. They wouldn't have kept it on this long if they didn't! thought ratings are low, it's not the kind of show you can just cancel. IT has a very devoted fanbase and it's become something of a pop culture icon. Is there really a "save" campaign on Best Week Ever? That's what I heard, lol. Wouldn't surprise me. That show definitely gave the soap press.

• Members

I do agree that Passions is probably done for in September :( but, Mike, yeah, how would your friend at CBS/GL know for sure it's not going ANYWHERE else? He must have connections to every single network out there then. Not saying it's not true, as I know it likely is, but I just find it hard to believe.

• Members

yeah, i'm sure NBC is sending DOZENS of their top execs around the country to talk about a future PASSIONS.

they're probably spending tens of thousands of dollars on some deal. they know that with JERk involved, PASSIONS will soar in ANY form!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

i can't see ANY other network wanting to pick up a project that JERk has so obviously run into the ground...DESTROYED.

and btw, i am NOT talking down to anyone -- i'm just keeping it real. anyone who wants to live in some fantasyland is welcome to it. i used to love PASSIONS, and i am ANGRY that reilly has so completely EFFED UP the show.

• Members

Well, Max made a good point in another thread -- the rather large amount of time betweenthe cancellation notice and last airdate. There's something to that. They're being very generous with a show that some of you seem to think the network hates. If that were true, they'd dump it in June, that's when the contract expires, right? Somewhere around there? Instead, that's not the case.

Face it: whether or not you guys like the show, NBC LOVES it. More than its other soaps that's for sure! It's given the show a rather long time to wrap stories, the net has met with "Passions" execs to mine ways for the show to continue in another form, and it's still promoting the show. Didn't Sunset Beach lose its promos after the cancellation notice? I seem to remember that. AW was a different story since it was on for so long and I'm sure that would add insult to injury. I think I remember the continuing promos for that show. Although if there weren't, it just addst o my point, lol. Also, NBC has a financial interest in the show. So, SORRY, but with a pared down cast, it could work.

By the way: thanks for keeping up these RIDICULOUS anti-pickup posts. They're old.

• Members

NBC always announces the renewal of PSNS in late Winter/Early Spring, I think. So, I really don't see how their announcing the cancellation early has anything to do with post-Sept. 7th PSNS. They always announce it around now.

• Members

True Jsf, They could just air it through it current contract of July 5, 2006 - July 5, 2007 and be done with it.

but NBC gave it a 2 month extension, which I am very happy about.

People can call me crazy, fanatic, or say im in a fantasyland all they want, but I am staying optimistic that when it leaves NBC on Friday Sept 7, that following Monday it turns up somewhere else.

• Members

it's no big deal that PASSIONS is getting until september 7 to wrap up.

everyone knows that it takes a long time to get a new show -- like TODAY HOUR FOUR -- ready. just because TODAY is already in existence doesn't mean NBC doesn't need months of preparation to get it right.

you say NBC could end PASSIONS in june and be done with it? i don't think so. what would they fill the hour with????? it's much cheaper for them to continue to run PASSIONS -- with even MORE budget cuts.

wait and see: you'll be getting more and more cast cuts in the next few months, very few new sets, and practically no special effects.

i predict PASSIONS ratings will be around a 1.0 by the time it leaves the air.

Archived