Passions' Last Airdate on NBC

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I keep thinking this is nothing but hot air and the typical rumors we here when a soap gets cancelled but NBC seems to be really trying hard. This is the hardest I have seen them try. The fact that they have a long time still to get something together and the fact that we keep hearing about DirecTV and now we hear about meetings for Fox yet again...I don't know.

I am not ready to say it will lead to anything but this is getting interesting.

• Members

Oh, I am SO on board for Fox, now. Just because it would give the show the PROPER exposure that it deserves. You just can't get that on DirecTV or another cable station because not all viewers can follow. It simply must be something that pretty much the current fanbase can follow, and preferably, age appropriate, since the show is younger-skewing in ratings. Fox or the CW, to me, would be PERFECT!! :wub:

• Members

Oh Poo! Here I had finally made peace, and accepted that PSNS would air it's very last episode on September 7, 2007

And now this news of DirecTV or FOX potentially being PSNS new home? Grrrrrr I should have never came in this thread. I'll get my hopes up for nothing.

But FOX would be perfect for PSNS!

• Members

If the show did move to Fox, then how would the contracts work? The current actors signed extension deals until July, when the last episodes are supposed to film. I think Lindsay Hartley's and Mckenzie Westmore's contracts would have been up for negotiation this March if the show had not been cancelled in January.

Lindsay's been looking very bored in the role lately, so I wonder if she would sign a new deal to move to FOX (if it happens). I'm sure if the money was right she would but maybe only a 1-year contract until she's certain Justin's new show is picked up by the CW and lasts through the first season.

• Members

I really hope this turns out to be true. I really want Passions to survive and maybe FOX would be a great place for it. FOX does seem to really want to get into daytime, so maybe this will be their opportunity. I have watched the past couple of weeks after not watching since the cancellation was announced and I want the show to continue.

• Members

Oh, I agree Fox is perfect for the show. And they'd probably promote the show right too!

All the cast members would play and dance around in front of a greenscreen and Tabitha will be there mixing spells in her cauldron. They'd use it for bumpers and promos and general network promotion. I love it !!

• Members

I'd love for FOX to launch a daytime lineup. They should've done it with Wicked Wicked Games and an improved Fashion House. But when soaps switch networks they lose viewers and PSNS can't afford to lose anymore viewers. For a network with no soaps it would be too large a risk.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 26 2007, 02:45 AM)
I'd love for FOX to launch a daytime lineup. They should've done it with Wicked Wicked Games and an improved Fashion House. But when soaps switch networks they lose viewers and PSNS can't afford to lose anymore viewers. For a network with no soaps it would be too large a risk.

GOD can you imagine Tatum O'Neal in daytime?! She would never do it, but TATUM! OH TATUM!

Archived