Passions' Last Airdate on NBC

• Members

It's Friday, September 7, 2007.

From www.nbc.com/passions/news:

NBC Says Good-bye to “Passions”

Sad news! “Passions” will end its run on NBC later this year to make room for a fourth hour of the “Today” show. The last episode of your favorite soap will air on September 7, 2007. In the meantime, “Passions” is looking for other platforms to continue the show, whether it be on another network or online. Efforts to save Harmony have already popped up on various websites such as BEST WEEK EVER and MYSPACE.COM.

Hopefully, the Cranes, Bennetts, Russells and Lopez-Fitzgeralds will continue to entertain you for years to come. If not, you know “Passions” will go out with a bang! So keep your fingers crossed and keep watching!

:D:):D:)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why are you so surprised the last airdate for PASSIONS has been set?

the new tv season usually starts the week after labor day -- obviously, that's when TODAY HOUR FOUR will begin.

what'll be interesting is to see how JER continues to destroy PASSIONS until then. the show's been so incredibly bad lately; god knows what it'll look like when the post-cancellation episodes air.

• Members

Well, if NBC is willing to entertain the idea, and it has, and they've even said this numerous times, and dear God, even in the official cancellation press release in this thread, I'd say you're just plan wrong about that.

Those demos seem to be really valuable because, for some reason, the net is giving Pash quite special treatment!

• Members

I can't see how Passions can continue in an online format. Maybe Passions In-Name-Only, but not the show thats aired for the last 8 years. I don't see anyone other than Danica Stewart, the latest Simone, her girlfriend, and the girl playing Paloma that hard-up for work that they would put themselves into a media where no one will be watching.

Lindsay, Galen, MacKenzie, Tracey, Brook, Ben, Kim, Eva, Heidi, Emily, Liza, Eric .... they're not going to do it.

• Members

Well, they kind of have to if they're under contract.....

But I agree, if Passions continues online or on cable, there will be a major cast shakeup. I can see almost all of the vets being elimated and the show focusing on the younger characters, as well as Tabitha and Endora. The online or cable Passions will be more of a spinoff, or "Passions in name only" like you said. But it'll still be set in Harmony, and as long as it features Tabitha and members of the Bennett, Lo-Fitz, Crane, and Russell families, I'll be happy.

Personally, I think it would be cool if the online Passions jumped ahead ten years and focused on the rapidly-aged youngsters like Little Ethan, Maria, Jane, Endora, Marty, Miles, etc... That would explain the absence of the older characters.

And I do think Tabitha will be part of the "new" Passions no matter where it ends up. Her witchly character can transcend formats.

Archived