Passions' Last Airdate on NBC

• Members

Those of you that think Passions is going to continue in another format beyond September 7, 2007 are obviously too emotionally attached to a show that is sinking like "Titanic". NBC is likely spreading the rumor that Passions will continue in another format beyond that because they would like you to continue to be interested in the show until its last day.

On the news that NBC is not continuing with Days of Our Lives beyond 2009 could also be a game that the network is playing in order to lower their licensing fees when the time comes for renewal at that point. They could also be fearing how the numbers for Days will go when it is a "stand alone" soap. Clearly, NBC is thinking about going out of the Soap business altogether....probably something they should have done about 10 years ago.

I COULD see "Days" moving to EITHER CBS or ABC...it is a show with rich history and a loyal fanbase, and there is something to be salvaged from this show....especially since JER is no longer a part of it and it is MUCH better than it used to be. As for "Passions"....stop daydreaming about it being salvaged and enjoy the last 7 months while they are still here.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that those who you mentioned wouldn't go for the Internet.

It really will be called "Jessica's 'Passions'" if it happens, lol. "Just you watch," to quote an old "Passions" campaign, circa summer 2001. :lol:

Anyway, it's not just because the others wouldn't be willing -- they're WAY too expensive for that Internet version.

That's why I hope another net can make a deal. :)

• Members

Christian (and to everyone else who writes posts like these), honestly GET OVER YOURSELF!

I'm not being biased here when I say this, either. Because the net has said this IN EVERY MENTION of "passions" cancellation, the chance of another medium or network for the show... and we've heard from the show's music director that they've MET with the show's executives to talk about this.

We're not "daydreaming."

Stop talking down to us.

Whether you're pro or con the show or the rumored spinoff, STOP acting like we're crazy.

It really IS a possibility.

• Members

Sorry for the bold tone earlier.

I'm glad you changed your tune.

I'm not saying it's GOING to happen. But it's a possibility, however rare, that the show can go on, and we know for a fact that NBC is interested in this. For "Another World" and "Sunset Beach" there were no teases about this sort of thing. They were dumped and gone. That was that. For some reason, NBC is interested in trying to make this work. Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard fan but I don't know why, lol. All I can guess is it's the show's demos coupled with the fact that it's owned in part for the network and they have a financial interest in the show.

• Members

First ... 2000 the show had alot more buzz. Secondly, yes ... hundreds. People are less inclined to sit at their computers and watch a daily soap as they are to read an online diary that only takes 3 minutes of their time. Especially with everything that made Passions be Passions not be part of the show. The cast will be gone - and it's not going to be just because of their sallaries, legitimate actors trying to make it in this business do not do internet shows. Danica Stewart could do it, as I'm sure she's resigned herself to the fact that she is a horrible actress that has no business being on a television screen.

• Members

Good to have a last day I guess. I am surprised we know so fast though.

I still don't buy Passions working well on the net long-term. There would be big cast shakeups and I'm not sure if people would follow it. Yes, the online things work but they only worked in part because people who watch the show followed it to the net because it added to the stories onscreen. Another network seems relatively impossible IMO.

I hope it happens for the fans but I am just not seeing it yet. We'll see.

• Members

NBC wants it to work out so badly they'll send it off to another network. :rolleyes:

NBC: "Sorry Passions, but we've got you a new home on ABC. This way, they can get all the revenue for you, and you get to live on, and we get nothing in return. :D "

Archived