GH's 24...

• Members

Maybe I'm easy. Okay, after the last fifteen years of DOOL, I know I'm easy.

But. I'm really liking GH's sweeps. I agree that some things discredit the "danger" of the scenario, but I still find it fun and exciting. I like that this show at least gets its ass out of bed for sweeps, and it's been fun for me and my sisters to gather around the tv after they come home from school and watch.

I can see how some of the "character moments" seem cheesy, but I still think its commendable that GH at least cares about character to a degree (whether or not the characterization is sophisticated or even consistent is another matter of course). And I think this show wears its particular sense of humor fairly confidently.

I've been pretty okay with all the characters. Sonny/Carly isn't annoying me though in fairness I didn't reguarly watch throughout all of their saga. Maurice Bernard isn't really acting, sure, but I'm kind of a sucker for pairs with capital h History. And it really does get me wondering what'll happen when Jax comes home. I'm even okay with Jason for now, even though he bores the hell out of me in general. I've actually liked seeing Ric's human side re-emerge, him getting dressed down on the job plays off interestingly with his manner towards others when he's the one in control. And Spinelli, I just love that guy.

I can understand the various characters' myopias too, it makes them pretty human and realistic. I thought Patrick's individual concern for Robin contrasted well with Ric's concern for all the hostages as a whole, for example. It didn't come off as particularly selfish to me, it was a human and understandable response. Same with Skye and Lorenzo -- yes I agree that she should tell what she knows, but I do understand her conflict. In situations like these I expect people's personal loyalties to come out, that's what makes them human I think. I like this plot for that reason, seeing how people deal with pressure and in what ways they kinda crack.

Anyway, I agree that its not really high angsty drama, but it's still pretty fun (except for Alan dying ... sniff, I hate it!!). Knowing that they won't keep this up in between sweeps kinda puts a damper on things, but nevertheless it's got me kinda upset when the weekend comes, because I have to wait two days for the next episode.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow GH has been amazing. Even though like someone said, the core of this story might be on Sonny and Carly the show still took the effort to involve everyone in some capacity (though I hadn't seen Alexis). I also thought it interesting that they chose to give Alan a heart attack than shoot him, I think it was the right way to go ( :( ) considering people get shot all the time on GH and it would lose the drama. The dramatics were wonderful on all corners for this SL. I found myself interested and caring for characters I hate (like Elizabeth.. and well Lucky). Laura Wright pretty much kicked it out the ball park as did Lulu. Gh gets a lot of flack and I hate how they repeat storylines, get women pregnant and have them lose their kids so much, but somehow they manage to include drama in it and this drama had a lot of the core cast in it too. GH shouldn't be forgiven for it's letting go of the vets and often lack of use of them but they know drama and deliver it.

• Members

To be fair, I think it's a General Hospital mantra: "SCREAMING EQUALS BRILLIANT ACTING!"

Do Tony Geary and Maurice Benard ring any bells? :unsure:

But I agree that the Lulu actress is getting obnoxious. I so desperately wanted to give her a chance, and I enjoyed her for a hot second -- but then she just became too much. First of all, it doesn't help AT ALL that she's become a Laura Wright Character prop... "Oh, let's use Lulu to show how mature and wise and caring and loving Laura Wright's Carly is..." Secondly, the fact that this girl is clearly starting to "smell herself" and beginning to chew up the scenery is making me weary as well. Third, making Lulu "Carly, Jr." is absolutely insane.

As for the 16 Hour storyline, I have to give Bob Guza and his writers credit for at least attempting to do something big for sweeps. The only other show I watch on a daily basis is AMC -- and Megan McTavish is dragging her ass. She hasn't had an exciting sweeps month during her 3 1/2 year stint over there. Considering there are four per year, that's not good.

• Members

When Alan was struggling to stand I am so glad that they showed Jason's face. That Jason showed concern for Alan through the mask.

Those cops are so dumb. How do you exchange gun fire, with a hostage standing there. Poor Alan just had his heart attack and Mr. Craig is enjoying the gun show.

• Members

No, I think it showed that when it comes to life and death he doesn't want to see his father suffer.

Jason will help Monica and Lila when she was alive. But he didn't want to have anything to do with Alan and Edward and I don't think that that has changed. But again his eyes showed a feeling of concern/sorrow, and that is something that we have not seen for Alan where Jason is concerned.

• Members

this show is way too violent. I had a really hard time watching Alan having a heart attack with both sides shooting their guns over him. That was just too much

The Spinelli stuff was hilarious. Loved it

I love Lulu but I hated how heartless she was as far as Alan went today. Telling Emily to choose Liz bc Alan's already led a full life. If only she knew her former sister in law has been lying to her

This was probably the best episode of the month for me

• Members

I love Berman but I can't stand Lulu any longer.

I hate how they are handling Alan's last days. I wish they would've just shot him, let him have a death scene, and were done with it. This long, drawn out crap is killing me and that scene of all the gunshots was too much. It was intense drama but knowing how hard everyone, including SD, took this makes this disgusting to watch to me. I would much rather have what we did with Tony's death last year where he got sick, said a tearful goodbye, and that was it. This was just way too much.

Natalia showed some life today but I still wasn't feeling her emotion. Spinelli was funny but I still find him to be a waste. Loved seeing th4e Q's today. Leslie was great.

I am glad things finally began to pick up again. Last week was slow as hell. I am hoping the climax and fallout to this is must see or I am through for good. They need to do alot to make me stay when SD leaves.

Archived