Dallas: The Series

Roman

• Members

anyone watch the special on Soapnet this weekend with JR's shooting? I watched and found the episodes interesting. I have a few questions. Why exactly did Kristen shoot him? As he was going to call the cops, he stopped bc she said she was preggers. Was she? How did Sue Ellen get off and did she tell anyone else what she knew? How was the story resolved?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone else will be able to clear up the answers because I've not seen the episodes in a few years but I know sure sure Kristin had the baby. The baby, Christopher, was later adopted by Bobby and Pam but Kristin died by drowning in the Southfork pool.

• Members

I think JR refused or decided to drop the chargers against Sue Ellen, so that is how she got off. Kristen pretty much blew holes in him because he ended their affair! She was mad at him and she decided to kill him. Right around that time everyone had a reason to shoot JR.

Kristen was pregnant when she made the claim yes. She made JR believe the baby was his to get money from him. As the next season went on it was revealed that Kristen had an affair with Jordan Lee and made him believe the baby was also his. He was sending her money as well. When Farraday, the man who had Christopher arrived he said it was Kristen's baby and Bobby through investigating discovered that the "baby" could be JR's and JR later learned about the baby and thought baby Christopher was his biological child. However, when Bobby and Pam investigated furhter they soon learned Kristen miscarried JR or Jordan's baby, never sure which one it was. Then she got pregnant again, I think by Farraday and he was the baby's daddy!

Hope that helps!

• Members

I wish they would make one more reunion where Lucy returned. Ive always hoped they would return with Dalls the next generation or something..it would be good but not right now with all these Heros and Lost type shows...however maybe a reunion dallas movie of the week would be good. Lucy returns. Pam's alive. etc...ties up ALL loose ends.

• Members

Another possible father of Kristen's baby was Kenny Ward (Y&R star/writer Jim Houghton) on Knots Landing. I loved her crossover there and had hoped she'd stick around. She was better fit long term for a show like that and she and Kenny were hot!

I always hated Kristen's death and that in the end they didn't even admit JR had done it. Such a waste of a great character! I also thought Digger died too early. I *loved* the second Digger, especially with Ellie.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 12 2007, 12:40 AM)
IMO Cathy Podewell (Cally) was one of the best actresses on the show and I LOVED her pairing with JR. I hated the introduction in Hicksville, but once she got to Southfork it was great. She had a vulnerability that was a nice contrast to JR's evilness. I also loved that she learned the scheme like the rest of them.

Agreed. JRs story in dumb & dumberland (don't know where it was anymore) was horrendous and started off Dallas's downfall but Callie on Southfork with the various consequences was great. I also liked the actress a lot.

The last two seasons especially were horrendous, well actually beginning with Carter McCay it already went off the cliff: hated Sasha Mitchell and all of these stupid characters & stories. Never understood why J. Eddie Peck got a bigger role whereas ??? (name escapes me, she was on "Savannah" later on and last year NuHope on Y&R...) who had tons of chemistry with Patrick Duffy was shipped off so quickly. During the last two season I probably only liked Miss Ellie doing the best Angela Landsbury interpretation during the "Murder She Wrote"-rip-off and the story about April's death in the final season first in Paris and later in California. At least those were interesting. Other potential storylines like Cliff & his new ladylove or Lesley-Anne Down's character were just half-baken and fell flat.

Never understood why they brought back Charlene Tilton - who was indeed horrendous and not attratice at all - in the first place. She had a purpose for the 5 episodes of her return during her second stint and afterwards she was a standard 'listening device' for other characters or got one line a show to piss JR off. WTF!?

• Members

You're thinking of Beth Toussaint Coleman, sheilaforever. She was Tracey Lawton I think. To be honest I don't remember being a fan but it was in that mass of final seasons that I found so tedious to watch. There were some amusing moments in the final years such as Michelle or April's death but none of it was really "Dallas".

An interesting point has been raised about killing off Digger too early. That's exactly right. And the same could be said for Rebecca and Kristin.

I've always thought with Dallas that even in the glory years there were a lot of interesting characters and potential stories that were simply sacrificed at the altar of Larry Hagman. The show always had to be about JR and emphasise the male over the female.

• Members

I think we can all agree that the last few seasons were horrible. IMO, the show should have ended at the end of the 1989 season when Linda Gray left the show. From that point on, the show was crap. J.R. and Bobby galavanting to foreign cities, no real female leads like Gray or Principal...

• Members

Yep we can, the only highlights in the last season were barbara eden, susan lucci, and I liked the two-part episode about what eveyone's life would of been without jr. The only time I could tolerate callie is when it was revealed that sue ellen was helping her marry jr. :lol: I agree that it did jump the shark when Linda left.

• Members

Yeah I think I read that somewhere before but it just emphasises the inability, no, unwillingness on the part of TPTB to write properly for the female characters. Sure Katherine pulled the letter stunt and killed Bobby would what else did she really do in the 3 or 4 seasons that she was around? There was such a sense of all the women being wallpaper after the first couple of seasons.

Archived