Dallas: The Series

Roman

• Members

Oh I love all of Dallas, the good and the bad! LOL!!! I'll post more later, I just got the Sixth Season!!!!

I have been to Southfork I think 6 times...I'm such a dork. Dallas is my all time favorite show!! EVER. End of sentence!!!!!

You know something that I had always wished they would do is write and tell JR's movie, you know the one that Sue Ellen made, I think that would be awesome. Also I would love to see a reunion movie where Pamela is alive, Lucy returns vixen, Bobby is the good guy, Sue Ellen hates JR and JR is well, JR and have them all mourn the death of Miss Ellie. I have thought about writing a spec-script but haven't found the time to date.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Isn't the actress that played miss ellie dead? I really wished they would of released that movie too, but from the little bit that sue ellen showed to jr it looked cheesy. :lol: I feel the time has passed for a reunion, I think Jr returns is the closest we got to a half decent reunion.

• Members

Yes. Tragically, she past away not too long after she was fired from the show.

And, did you know that Howard Keel was asked to take over the role of Jock Ewing, but turned it down?

I also heard that the real SF was nowhere near as big as it was made to appear on the show, and that it only has four bedrooms.

• Members

NP :).Looking back on it now, the whole way they treated her was wrong. I didn't accept her as Miss Ellie because she didn't create the role, and BBG had played it so long and so very well from the start.

Now, being older, I will always feel that BBG IS Miss Ellie, but DR played the ROLE of Miss Ellie well until the end of her season, and did a wonderful job during Bobby's "death".

• Members

Yes. I've been watching the series for the first time with the DVD sets, and loving it.

I cannot stand Donna here in season 6. She already physically reminded me of my father's ex-girlfriend / mother of my half-sister, now she's handing out judgmental looks and attitude towards Mickey and it's just becoming too much like a childhood flashback for me.

I'm confused on a plot point here in the early part of season 6. Why is JR trying desperate to buy a refinery, when Bobby already bought one for Ewing Oil in season 4?

• Members

I am glad you are enjoying it Drew. I hope to continue to hear your thoughts on the entire season. I am still on eppy 3. I havent had time to see anymore episodes. I've seen this season so many times but it still is so good seeing it again. I cant wait for season 7 to come out hopefully this summer or earlier.

• Members

The real Southfork is very small. I'm such a dork that I could give the tour.

Cast and crew shot all of the exterior shots at Southfork during the summer months of June, July and August.

The original Southfork in the mini-series was only supposed to be used short time and when the series was picked up producers scrambled to find a new location. They got in their helicopter and scouted locations in the Dallas area. They came upon what was once the largest quarter horse ranch in Texas at the time, I think the name of the owners were Jacobs or Jacobson, something along those lines. He built the home for his wife and two sons. The creator of Dallas, producers landed the helicopter on the front lawn which caused a big deal because the horses got frightened. The owner made them leave, but a week later, the production returned and they had brought their checkbooks. The ranch was selected because the producers felt that the ranch could not be photographed at a bad angle. Cast and crew shot all of the exterior shots at Southfork during the summer months of June, July and August. However, when JR was shot fans flocked to the ranch, stormed the gate, swam in the pool, looked in the windows, went through the owners mail and camped out in hopes of making sure JR was okay. A few years later the owners moved and sold the ranch. After the the show went off the air, a few years later the owner went bankrupt and the ranch sat empty. A buyer from Arizona bought the ranch in an auction in the early 90s plus acres around the ranch. He renovated it and turned it into one of the most beautiful tourist attractions in the area.

A few other tidits:

- The producers loved the layout of the original kitchen at Southfork, they then went back to the studio and recreated it the exact same way in only much larger!

- The pool at Southfork is very small, it was of course made to appear larger on TV and also when Kristen was shoved to her death from the balcony it was made to look like the pool was directly below, in reality she would have hit the concrete and not the pool.

- The original glass breakfast table is displayed on the patio of Southfork.

- There are several rooms dedicated to the characters of Dallas: JR's Master Suite, Lucy's Yellow Bedroom, Miss Ellie Rose Garden Bedroom, Bobby's Boardroom and Bobby's Ranch Bedroom.

There is a museum about the show! It's a lovely place and I'm such a dork!!

• Members

I also forgot to add that Southfork is in Parker, Texas. And also in the show when they show cars turning into the mansion they turn right and that is not possible, the cars should turn left. Something funny. LOL. I'm working on a slideshow of my pictures, hopefully it works and I'll post!!

Archived