Dallas: The Series

Roman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay what I never understood is why Jr was okay with bobby staying at southfork but he did his best and suceeded in making sure Gary never stayed at Southfork? Gary was never a threat, and bobby was. Yeah Jr in the beginning tried to run bobby out, but not with much effort, he pulled out all the stops with making sure Gary left Southfork.

• Members

J.R had one thing for Bobby that he never had for Gary - respect. Jock and Bobby had a scene in the episode where Gary & Valene got remarried, where he told Bobby that it broke his hearty when he found out that Gary didn't have any guts. J.R loved Jock more than anyone on Erath, and he knew that drving Bobby away would damage his relationship with his fatjer. Then, after Jock died, he knew that the one person who could keep him in line was Bobby, because for J.R., it was almost like having Jock around. Bobby wa so much like Jock.

And, like I said......J.R. respected Bobby. He had no respect for Gary. Gary loved poetry, and didn't want to cutthroat anyone. That was not the Ewing way in business, or in life. Bobby though, would do just that, if his back was up against the wall. And in the newest season out on dvd, he proves that. J.R. respected that in Bobby. J.R als o felt that since Gary never had anything to do with EO, then why should he have any piece of it? If it was up to J.R., Gary would have stayed a drunk and stayed away from Southfork.

• Members

What season is SoapNet on, does anyone know? I only caught a glimpse today.

Anyway ... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dallas. I have all of the seasons on DVD but have yet to watch the entire seasons. I've only watched select episodes. I need to break out Season "six" soon.

• Members

Who are your top 5 worst and best characters of dallas:

worst: 1)Jamie Ewing Barnes 2) Callie 3) April 4) Mitch 5)Pam

Best: 1)Jr 2)Sue Ellen 3)Ms. Ellie(she was the best actor on the show though, but she barely drove any storylines)4)Jock 5)Donna

Omg, I forgot about Kristen I would have to tie her with Ms. Ellie at #3.

• Members

I didn't like Cathy Podewell's character, was that Callie? I found it ridiculous that the show kept pairing JR up with women young enough to be his granddaughter. Then they had Sasha Mitchell as JR's long-lost son trying to be his younger version and although he was nice to look at, he was no Larry Hagman.

• Members

The actor who played Carter's son should have played James. Maybe then I would have liked him alot more. Sasha was just a very bad actor, but that was those damn producers and the network trying to get in the younger viewers by giving us young actors that didn't fit the mold of Dallas.

• Members

IMO Cathy Podewell (Cally) was one of the best actresses on the show and I LOVED her pairing with JR. I hated the introduction in Hicksville, but once she got to Southfork it was great. She had a vulnerability that was a nice contrast to JR's evilness. I also loved that she learned the scheme like the rest of them.

I think the later seasons don't get a fair shot because of the cast exits, but season 12 was pretty amazing, the episode where James was revealed as JR's son was classic. I HATED the actor who played James though. The final season was dark and a throwback to the early years which I enjoyed. Loved how deserted Southfork was and Michelle and Bobby were on fire with April's death.

For the earlier years my favorite character is without a doubt Donna Culver Krebbs! Susan Howard is an absolute goddess and she had such amazing chemistry with Larry Hagman and Steve Kanaly. I was devestated that they fired her for such a silly reason. For those who don't know, the producers fired her (without telling her) because she disagreed with a story where Donna has an affair. I believe she found out from a makeup person that she was fired.

The worst actor in the history of the series has to be Charlene Tilton, but she's cute and I liked her when they didn't give her much to do. I wish when she returned towards the end they had put her at Ewing Oil and allowed her to battle with JR and Michelle. That was her one strength, fighting with JR.

Archived