GL: Dylan Shayne returns

• Members

I think BG is overrated too. I wouldn't mind a recast, but Gaskill just doesn't work for me.

And DON'T EVEN get me started on the crappy Rafe/Alison pairing that was shoved down our throats on PC! Jamal & Alison were MILLIONS of times better, and to this day, I'm still pissed at how their fans were crapped upon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just throwing this out there. I had thought for along time that the problem was just with ATWT but is it a P&G thing not to want to get originals back anymore?

ATWT never brings back a former actor anymore. GL is getting to be the same way. I had thought it was to do with their budget before, but it might not be. I can't believe that Brian Gaskill would be that cheap to get. I am surprised that with GL they did even go for another unknown, but maybe they knew that now wasn't the time with Pelphey & Gatschet leaving.

Who knows it could be a whole CBS thing. B&B is really bad about not bringing back originals now too. They have recast the whole Logan family when the other performers would be available. Even deaging Storm & Donna with younger performers but keeping them involved with the same characters who haven't been deaged.

As Roger said there is so much more in looking at a familiar face, but I will say I am glad that they did get a vet for this role and not another newbie.

• Members

I started watching PC for Alison & Rafe but they eventually annoyed me and the mumbling BG did on ATWT was horribly noticeable.

I don't think Morgan Englund is that great of an actor from what I've seen of him but then the couple of episodes he was brought back was all about Reva and how her family was completely clueless about her disease. For any actor, looking like an extra in a scene and at the same time, making your character stand out would be hard to do.

• Members

At this point it doesn't matter who is playing him to me, I don't like BG, but I continue...it is going to be about the story and I don't want a divorced Dylan or widower Dylan returning...furthermore I don't want a Bridget recast either!

• Members

Here's how I remember it. The supporting actress category was announced before Brian and Kelly came on stage to announce the younger actress category. Kelly had lost to Vanessa Marcal, and Brian told Kelly she should have won. (I will go on record to say I heard a lot of the comments that night were scripted by ABC. It had nothing to do with the actors' feelings about their peers...just ABC trying to create some interest during the telecast.) It had nothing to do with Erin Hershey Presley's nomination for younger actress either. Kelly did cheer for her when her name was called. Brian Gaskill has had only praise for Jennifer Finnigan's work...that night and when they worked together on B&B.

Loretta

• Members

YES! That's right Loretta, I stand corrected, thank you!!! They were presenting the Outstanding Younger Actress...Okay! That is what it was, still in bad taste and even if ABC scripted it, Vanessa Marcil was the winner I believe so you know why. Still distasteful!!!

Thanks Again!

• Members

Ewww Brian Gaskill?

I don't like his way of acting, and I must add I was a huge fan of Jamal and Allison on PC. You know what, it would have been better if GL had recast the role of Bill Lewis. Gaskill looks old enough to play Bill, not Dylan.

Englund didn't have much in the acting department, but he was a familiar face. Whenever I thought of Dylan Lewis, I always thought of Morgan Englund. BG just won't make me forget about ME in the role (Unlike what GT did with the role of Dinah, but she had the acting chops.). Plus you'd have do alot to convince me that Brian is playing Daisy's father.

Actually I fear who they would cast in the role of Bill Lewis if they brought him back. Would they de-age him to make him look younger in comparisson to Dylan?

Why don't they bring back Peter? Seeing how they've aged Marina and all, his character would be quite the addition to the younger set considering all of his connections. Oops I forgot he's not connected to any of the Coopers.

• Members

Terrible casting decision, for the reasons mentioned within this thread. :)

I can't believe BG and KM actually said that on stage (HATE). I think I remember seeing that. However, Jennifer Fennigan deserved her three consecutive Emmy wins. The girl was amazing, and is doing a great job on Close to Home.

Archived