GL: Dylan Shayne returns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They will obviously be giving the cast a big boost now that Jammy is gone. Original Dylan wouldn't be a boost. I expect many more to return as well.

I think Gaskill was great on ATWT and PC and will definitely be tuning in to see him. I actually do think he looks old enough and like he could be Reva's son. I always thought he looked old on PC. Hot, but much older than the age of his character.

• Members

Good lord everyone is being harsh

First of all, unless you have talked to the powers at Gl and Morgan himself, why are you jumping to so many conclusions. Maybe he did not want to be back full time, maybe he is too concentrated on his music and wanting to stay low key.

Maybe GL did want to go in a new direction.

I guess I just do not understand why everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions before they know anything.

Brian has good fan support so he is a decent choice. And who knows what his appearance will be when he comes on GL...if you had recent pictures, that would help, but instead you dig up old ones from a few years ago.

Like everything else...give it time...

• Members

Naaaaaa.

I'm still hung up over Alison and Jamal breaking up on PC. A FAR more complex couple with WAY more chemistry than the dull, vanilla Alison/Rafe pairing.

Needless to say, I was happy that the cliffhanger with Alison and her baby was never resolved. Alison/Jamal fans got [!@#$%^&*] on, and so did the Alison/Rafe fans(even though they DID get the wedding).

He would have to prove himself to me BIGTIME, not that my validation really matters. But hey, I will give him this much credit: he's a step-up from Laurence St. Victor. In fact, several steps up. Remy needs to die or be replaced with Shemar Moore's younger, hotter brother.

• Members

Well Morgan Englund was not that great of an actor either. I liked him, but he was always looking like he was searching for his lines somewhere out in space.

I nkow my wife is excited about Gaskill.

The last Remy they had was just fine. This one has the looks, but unlike Michell Ray Smith, his acting has not improved. Which is too bad!

• Members

Good lord...I feel like I'm in high school and getting lectured at again, damn! I was speaking my opinion and now I feel bad! The thing with GL right now is that they have done two big recasts in the last couple of years and they have been miscast, I think A-M was deaged. I just don't think visually it would work, but I will wait to see! I'm just afraid that the story will be the same as it was for A-M, and I don't know because I haven't spoken to anyone at GL!

Kwing if you had recent pictures I would welcome them.

• Members

I don't track soap stars so I would not have pics

I just said using an old picture to comment on his looks is like using my high school picture agasinst me. I was not trying to be an ass, I just think people jump before they hear the whole story or see a result.

• Members

The picture is only about three years old from his B&B days. I just don't think the a cult following will occur, it didn't when he was at ATWT in 2005. *IF* GL didn't offer the role to Morgan Englund then that is tacky, especially since he's came home a couple of times. *IF* they did and he declined, then I'm cool and I'll worry about the story.

• Members

It was the year Erin Hershey Presley was nominated for younger actress...Jennifer Finnigan had just won again and then BG and Kelly Monocco came on stage to present and they were like, "You should have one Erin." It was sweet to say that, but it took away from the winner, I found in bad taste. I think that is how it happened!! How funny, then he had to work with JenFin!!

• Members

Josh, I have not figured this one out with Alan-Michael. Ever since the actor's age has been revealed on several soap sites and IMDb showing him to be 39, I can't figure out if GL is wanting him to appear younger and writing him that way. Or what the big deal is. I mean at 39 the actor is not much younger than Rick Hearst and other actors who played the role, but with the people he interacts with it makes it appear that he has been deaged. I just can't figure out what GL is doing there. They hire a 39 year old actor but make the character appear younger.

The same with Dusty on ATWT. The actor is the same age, and at first he interacted with the folks his age, but in recent years they put Dusty with the younger characters more often. Many people think it has deaged Dusty, but have they really.

It just gets too confusing when they do that.

• Members

Yeah!! I agree Steve....It's not the actual real life age that matters, because ages are so screwy on daytime, it is how old they appear on screen! You know what I mean.

I can handle recast...I just want them to look right. lol.

• Members

Ick. Not a fan. I think he's terribly overrated. I wish GL could use a familiar face for a return, but like it's been speculated, perhaps Morgan Englund wasn't interested in a long-term return. Still, I'd rather see a different actor take his place. I agree about his scruffiness; he looks unwashed.

Oh, and I prefered Alison & JAMAL too. Mmm... Kiko... yum. :)

Archived