GL: Dylan Shayne returns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brian Gaskill just turned 37, and Beth will turn 39 in July

So they are really close in age. Closer than I thought.

I like Brian Gaskill alot. I also loved Morgan Englund though, but think Brian is a great recast.

As far as seeing him as Daisy's father sadly I don't complain about such things anymore. I didn't buy Judi Evans Luciano as the mother of the actor who played Patrick on Days, but I was told it didn't matter. And there are so many others that I can cite. So one more to have to believe is no big deal.

• Members

It's not so much the age that is the bother, I just think visually he doesn't look good up next to Harley, you know. The age doesn't appear to be right...and he looks nothing like Reva Shayne...Oh how I pray he's clean shaven!!!

Just look:

DylanLewis.jpgBethEhlers.jpg

• Members

GAAAAAAAAAG! Are you serious?

His idea of acting is mumbling and getting angry. I don't necessarily see what is so great about this guy. Especially since they had a good Dylan to begin with(Morgan Englund). Was Englund really THAT expensive? Especially in comparison to "soap vet" Brian Gaskill?! What's next? Recasting Bridget with Erin Hershey-Presley?(And PLEASE GL, DON'T ruin the Reardon Legacy with that stunt casting. Melissa Hayden's character deserves much better).

Maybe I will like him better on GL. But I didn't like him on PC, REALLY didn't enjoy him on B&B, and not sure what to think about him playing such an important character.

No doubt this is a possible way to goose the ratings because of Tom Pelphrey and Stephanie Gatschet's exits. Not to say that they ARE GL, but they have a huge fanbase and a lot of the show has been written around their romance. What happened to SB's ratings when Cruz and Eden left?

The only person I could see Gaskill making chemistry with(based solely on looks) would be Gina Tognoni and Dinah.

So curious to see what happens story and ratings-wise after Jon/Tammy exit.

• Members

I agree they don't look too good as a couple. I can think of several actors that would have probably been better if they couldn't get Morgan Englund, but I do like Brian.

As I said I don't like their look together, but I do think he looks old enough to play Daisy's father - but my biggest problem is the girl who plays Daisy now. She doesn't look like Brian Gaskill or Beth Ehlers either one. I really don't like her look at all.

As to Gaskill being clean-shaven. I don't mind his face being clean shaven as long as he leaves that hairy chest alone. LOL

• Members

And he needs a haircut! Dylan has always been and the last time we saw him, clean cut!! Let's not forget that! I really think EW/DK will do the whole divorce route for Dylan...blah, blah, blah!!

And who they pair him with will be an issue...wait let me guess: MARINA!!! LOL she does like Harley's leftover!

• Members

BTW, has anyone else notice this pattern? Every time DK brings a male character back to the show, it ends up being one of Harley's exes. Coincidence? I think not.

Jesus, pretty soon nearly every guy Harley's ever slept with will all be living in the same town.

• Members

When Jerry verDorn took over for Clint Ritchie on OLTL, a lot of fans were skeptical it would work...including me. But Jerry made the role his own, and I believe the same will happen with Brian Gaskill as Dylan. I'm looking forward to tuning in the show to see him in action.

Loretta

Archived