Beyonce Vs. Jennifer

EricaKane70

• Members

http://thebosh.com/archives/2006/11/beyonc...ifer_hudson.php

Beyonce has said this in an earlier interview,""I mean," said Knowles, "I wish I could've gained 20 pounds and played Effie."

Asked if she'd really have packed on the weight for the part, Knowles said, "Yes. I absolutely would have, but Bill (Condon, the movie's writer-director) didn't even believe that I could be Deena. So imagine if I would've said, 'Bill, I want to be Effie.' "

If they are beefing, and I know its B's faultt if they are, I'm with TEAM HUDSON.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That [!@#$%^&*] said what? Oh no she did not go there! How dare she even go there! She is showing her true colors through and through. She is pissed off because she didn't get the attention that she craves. Jennifer Hudson kicked all kinds of ass in DreamGirls and she was wanting this movie to be hers and it wasn't. She needs to realize as an actress she is just so-so. I mean the part was typecast! She was playing herself! Why should anyone get anything for playing themselves? Did she think what she was doing was something spectatcular and award worthy? Um no! She has a decent voice as far as singing goes but other than that, she needs to get over herself. I can't stand that witch and this only goes further to prove everybody's point in how big of a diva [!@#$%^&*] she is. Its team Hudson all the way!

• Members

Some people said that Beyonce's comments were taken out of context, but when she said that she had Grammies and people knows she can sing, her real attitude over this whole situation came out. She's not worth all the hype the media and the music industry give her. On Christmas, I saw her sing Silent Night at the Walt Disney World parade and she BUTCHERED it.

Will someone tell these girls that sounding like you're getting a rectal exam does not equal good singing!!!

• Members

oh she defiently can. I saw her on Regis a few years back with DC and she looked pretty thick. Anyways this thing is getting ridiculous. Matthew Knowles said that racism was involved when responding to Beyonce not winning a Golden Globe. WTF? Is Jennifer Hudson not black?

• Members

WTF? Beyonce didn't win because she's black? Pleeeease. I wasn't overly impresed by DreamGirls, but I know bad acting and good acting. Jennifer and Eddie exemplified "good acting." Ms. Knowles displayed just how mediocre, untalented, and horrific her "acting" is. I could see a million other girls in Beyonce's role, because that's how underwhelming she was. Hudson on the other hand was amazing, and put her heart and soul into a minor role. As soon as she entered a scene, it immediately lit up. Beyonce didn't embody the role, and all I saw was R&B singer Beyonce Knowles on screen. Now Angela Basset as Tina Turner (unfair comparison I know), THAT is becoming the character. Even if the roles were reversed, I could STILL see Beyonce coming up short, and Hudson being the victor. And let me just say if she had beat Meryl Streep, heads would fly. Could you imagine her speech? I wish the Golden Globes weren't so chicken sh.t, and NOT had nominated Beyonce. The fact that she was nominated is stupid. Thank God, the Oscars got it right. :)

Archived