AMC: The Reason Cady Got Axed!

• Members

I assume they can hire 3 young blonde chicks with nice assets, as well as 3 barely passable young male actors with nice assets for ABCD to "enjoy" with her paycheck. Cady is gone because of budget, but Alec and (and as cute as I think he is) Turner are still there?

Speaking of Alec/Turner, the ratio of women fired to men is a little damn shocking.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I'm neither a Cady nor Dixie fan, this is just getting downright ridiculous. I think TIIC need to start concerning themselves with the fan backlash, especially with the canceling of Passions. Daytime in general is in trouble, and by pissing off fanbase after fanbase, they're just digging the grave that much faster.

I can understand the budget reasonings, since quite a few of the people out were more than likely making a decently high salary, being vets and all. But to just replace them with cheap newbies is stupid. You're still spending the money, it makes sense to spend it on a sure thing, like fan favorites.

Then again, when have TPTB at AMC ever made sense.

• Members

I think ABC is trying to murder AMC. If they wanted the show to survive they would have fired MMT well over a year ago and her dead weight newbies along with her. For the price they are spending on her and all these characters no one gives a damn about, they could have filled the hour with the vets the fans are invested in. What are they blaming the bad ratings on over at ABC, or are they still trying to pretend that these low numbers actually hold some value?

• Members

That was the BS answer I was expecting from JHC/TIIC. In the last two months they've already fired/let go five contract actors (who played David, Brooke, Simone, Erin and Dani) besides Cady and supposedly two more vets are out the door through their choice ... and they still can't manage their budget or cast size? WTH!!! There are a lot of cast members who don't have much story and they don't write for who could have been cut or put on recurring. They could easily cut Sydney, Del, and a few others who aren't used much and don't have story. Or better yet, fire JHC (since she obviously can't manage the budget which is one of her key responsibilities) and MMT who have been around for years and must be making a pretty penny. It's inexcusable to me that they didn't at least provide a satisfactory conclusion to this story after waiting through a year of crap (and actually 18 years of waiting for Dixie to have Tad's daughter).

I will be interested to read what Cady has to say in her SOW interview.

• Members

Ratings will drop again, they'll fire more vets, the ratings will consequently drop, they'll fire more vets to compensate....and on and on we go until AMC is cancelled.

Seriously, we all understand this, how is it that nobody at ABC does? Can they really all be that dense? They went to university, they got business degrees, surely they are relatively intelligent. I just don't get it.

• Members

I don't think Dixie's firing still has anything to do with the budget. I think it was because she spoke out so much in defense of Julia Barr. She quit playing the team game and had to go. Just My Opinion.

But as to this budget thing. All these shows keep talking about budgets. I have said it before and I will keep saying it again in hopes that some executive reads this and it lets them know how I feel.

I still can't get over that it is the performers being asked to go on hiatus. It is the performers who are being asked to take pay cuts. It is the performers who are being cut.

I for one am tired of it. It is the performers who are taking the crap that is being written and making it enjoyable for the fans. It is the performers who play the characters that we know and love.

But yet you don't hear Frons, Corday, Sheffer, McTavish, Higley, even Ellen Wheeler or any of the backstage folks taking one for the team. They are working part time or taking pay cuts. You better believe if they were they would be letting someone know about it. But they aren't and that is the reason we aren't hearing it. Daytime writers are reported to make a good amount of money - even the scriptwriters are said to make good. Then the headwriters get these stipends for the characters they create and that are used. If writers make that much then you know the Executive Producers do. This is sickening.

If the performers are supposed to take one for the team, then I think they should too.

• Members

AMC is a vile and nasty workplace. The whole show has denegrated over the last couple of years. JHC is in charge. She approves sl, hirings, cast use and she keeps the actors under a tight gag. I applaud Cady for speaking out about Julia Barr's treatment. Whether one is a fan of Julia or Brooke is beside the point. This woman worked on the show for 30 years and was shuffled off with nary a thank you or appearance of class from this show. Nixon made it a great show and Carruthers has turned it to trash. Cady is well out of it, like many of her predecessors.

• Members

Yeah, what Cady said about Julia Barr does not even compare to some of the things others have said behind-the-scenes. Morale is at an all-time low, surprised?

And TK is leaving. It's a done deal. Him and Susan are in the process of relocating back to LA. Poor JHC is such a talentless, clueless moron she couldn't even keep her buddy happy.

• Members

No offense but till I see this in SOD/SOW, I am taking it with a gain of salt. I have heard too many conflicting reports so........

So back on topic...wasn't a big Dixie fan but I feel for Cady and her fanbase. Major major slap in the face

Archived